Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a few problems with my vpc. I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me solve them. The problem is that when I pull up to a light and push the clutch in, the car want to stall and does occasionally. This seems to be happening more offen when it is cold outside. Is it a tuning issue? Can this condition be fixed with some tweeking of the vpc. The car is a 94 6-speed Thats BPU, I have a GCC and the vpc is running a Toyomoto chip. Any input is greatly apprecitated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Do you have a w/b in your car??? If so where's your a/f's when you're coming up to the lights? I had this same issue with my car when I first switched over to the AEM. It ended up being a crankwalk issue..........ouch. I wouldn't say that's the problem right off, but I wouldn't rule it out either. Just for kicks jack up your car and put a pry bar on the crank pulley. If it's moving around even 1/4" then you could have an issue with crankwalking.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
j2supraman said:
What's a VPC and GCC?
VPC is an air-metering device that replaces the stock MAF, allowing for more air to be flown into the engine (MAF limit is around 550rwhp at most).

GCC is a fuel tuning computer, which acts like the S-AFC, you can take out certain amounts of fuel at select rpms.

correct me if im wrong.

Brett

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
661 Posts
I have the same problem...especially when the car's cold and I take it out without letting it warm up to optimum engine temp. I usually don't go hard on the boost until it is warmed up properly, but even a little bit of boost will result in it stalling when I come to a stop light. It tends to be a real annoyance. I was thinking that there maybe something to do with the VPC Temp sensor thinking that it's very cold and maybe the air/fuel ratios being off, but I'm not sure. If anyone who has had this problem before and has figure out how to get rid of it can chime it, it would be greatly appreciated...Darshana S...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did actually fix the stalling. I leaned it outa little at idle with the GCC and the stalling stopped.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
I had the same problem. I solved mine by relocating the pressure sensor to a direct port on the intake manifold. I originally had it "t" in but this caused the car to want to stall at every light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts