Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ya well, im looking into buying a vpc and i think i know what it does, but not exactly... whatever thats not my main concern... heres what i think... tell me if im right... u buy a vpc and then u need a "chip" and a harness, or u can hard wire it... now if i wanna buy one off a mitsu vr4... where can i get the chip? or the harness for that matter? or is that what they discontinued? what exactly did they discontinue?

thanks in advance

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
How come you want to buy a VPC if you dont know what it does? Its worth it though...it replaces the stock AFM which cannot be adjusted to take advantage of much higher air flow or larger fuel injectors. it converts the air flow meter to what is called a speed density system that used a 16 bit unit that reads it own intake air temp sensor and absolute pressure transducer (B-MAP sensor) signals...it also eliminates the need of an FCD. you can program it for bigger injectors and new air flow characteristics - larger turbos. u need the chip for the injectors u r using... and the harness.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what it does... i just dont have any experience with it and dont know how to use it... thanks for the explanation tho, cleared things up... sooo all vpc's and inj chips are the same? or do u need to buy a chip specifically for a mk3?

i dunno where... but i heard it was discontinued for us, but if they are universal then how could it be discontinued?

·
Fuzz E. Guy
853 Posts
You need a specfic chip for each car and the injectors you are using. Same thing with the harness. You can still get both from HKS.

Scott

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
u need to buy the chip for the injectors i believe. only thing specifically for our cars is the harness.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,236 Posts
no I think you're thinking about that turbo :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
is there any other electronic device that takes the place of the vpc, since hks discontinued it.....?..-lky-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts