Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardwired in a VPC in my car last weekend, and took it for a ride. The car has a real bad hesitation when you first step on the throttle that lasts about a second or 2, then it picks up and is totally fine. I played with the Response knob and it didnt really change anything. Anyone have any idea which way i should turn it to tune out this hesitation??

Also, when this hesitation happens, the needle on my EGT gauge goes down rather quickly, almost like its not firing at all??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've got an SP57 with 750cc injectors and had a brief hesitation coming off idle. Once I was off idle, throtle response was fine.

I moved the response control on the VPC two clicks clockwise and it took *all* the hesitation out. That put the marking on the knob at about the 1-2 o'clock position. YMMV.

Keep in mind that the VPC controls go minus in the couterclockwise direction and plus in the clockwise direction unitl you pass 6 o'clock. ie one click past the full "plus direction" and you're at "full minus".

PS Also check the VPC PROM version you're using. I had the 18C (720cc, cams) in for a while because the 18B I got was defective and the idle stunk. The 18B cleaned up all my issues.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, i tried turning the response knob to the right, and i actually had it 2 clicks to the right, which seemed the best, but i still have the hesitation. Once i get past the hesitation, the car hauls, but that hesitation is quite annoying..

Im running the 18b chip right now. I have another one to test, so im gonna try that and see if that fixes it. I hope so..

Anyone else have any suggestions??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts