Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ! I finally gone on the dyno to set my AFC-II/VPC combo on my NA-T (2mm HG, pt52, ARP studs, walbro, 525cc, etc.) and I'm a little disappointed....This setup is too complex for what you'll get in HP and accuracy....I'm thinking to get a EMS instead of all this TON of wires and wires, tuning time.....

Could probably be cheaper at the end to buy a EMS nn the beginning.....

That's only my opinion....
JB

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
streetraser2002 said:
um..........you gone on the dyno?

results???
Hmmm only 300 whp 300 lft-s couple on 91 octane, but on a mustang dyno (not a DYNO JET).....like 350 whp on a dyno jet dyno.....But i'm not really happy.....That's why I'm telling that AFC-II/VPC will probably go in the garbage......

JB

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
How many pounds of boost? I have the exact same setup with a PT52, well, I have a 3mm hg, and my HG, 525cc injectors, and fuel pump are going on this summer. So I assume I can expect similar results...as of now, I'm just AFC, but I was thinking of doing either VPC/AFC or MAP ECU when I did the HG, injectors and pump this summer.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btm7687 said:
How many pounds of boost? I have the exact same setup with a PT52, well, I have a 3mm hg, and my HG, 525cc injectors, and fuel pump are going on this summer. So I assume I can expect similar results...as of now, I'm just AFC, but I was thinking of doing either VPC/AFC or MAP ECU when I did the HG, injectors and pump this summer.
Hmm like 14-15....Get a EMS man....don't waste ur money/time on tuning with theses electronics....

Jb

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
its not the vpc/safc 2 combo... something else might be wrong... i made higher numbers with a smaller turbo and less boost on a vpc/safc 2

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chidoks said:
its not the vpc/safc 2 combo... something else might be wrong... i made higher numbers with a smaller turbo and less boost on a vpc/safc 2
Hmmm what's ur setup, how many HP and on which dyno ??? Dynojet or mustang MD......

JB

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
Get yourself a MAP-ECU. Only 6 wires to connect and it's a dream to tune with.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to mention that I got a big problem on the dyno : a big exhaust leaks....I'm presently thinkings that my manifold is cracked.....And u know what ? Tonight, I needed a wonderful towing....This big leaks have burned my distributor.....WOWWW !!!

JB

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
that is your problem. i remember seeing daveH's dyno curve with only VPC/SAFC I and 3mm headgasket.. it was like 560rwhp or something like that on stock distributor. so, something in your setup is definitely holding you back.

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
First of all people have made over 800rwhp easily with the vps+afc combo.
Second, don't expect 500rwhp off a pea shooter pt52 with that low boost.

If you want more power than bump up the boost. If you’re still getting low numbers than do a pressurized vacuum test and do a compression test on your motor. Don't think you’ll slap an ems and yield 100rwhp-200rwhp more. Post your dyno graph with air fuel so we can see how the tuning of the car is. Don't blame it on your vpc/afc! That’s just ignorance!

btw map ecu belongs in the garabage! enough said

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I made 527 rwhp with the VPC that Lelou is using, so I know it's not the problem (that was with a PT63 at ~25 psi). Definitely post the dyno sheets so we can see what is going on. Did the car run cleanly on the dyno? No ignition breakup, etc? What was the a/f ratio? That number is pretty low for 14-15 psi even with the pea shooter turbo. :p

DaveH

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll post my dyno soon but the AFR is like 12-13 at normal driving and 11.7 when boosting, the curve is very straight on the AFR... Anyway, I need to get a new distributor, some wiring have been burned, change my spark plugs and compression test...My idle is very nice, no jumping idle, the AFR is OK on all the RPM so I just don't understand.....

Dynapack are the flywheel HP and dynojet add 15 % but I know , i've too small numbers for my setup....

·
Banned
566 Posts
Personally I think the Vpc/AFc combo is junk, regardless of what kind of numbers are possible. AFC's arent going to get rid of a lean tip-in, and the amount of time it takes to get smooth part throttle, seems a waste.

Eh, im a biased aem user anywho ;)

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
hater :biggrin:

The Quickness said:
Personally I think the Vpc/AFc combo is junk, regardless of what kind of numbers are possible. AFC's arent going to get rid of a lean tip-in, and the amount of time it takes to get smooth part throttle, seems a waste.

Eh, im a biased aem user anywho ;)

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
AEM's are definitely better, I don't think anyone disputes that. But for the money a VPC/AFC combo works very well.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Here is a question...I have currently a PT52 DaveH kit with AFC only. This summer I will be installing my 3mm headgasket, headstuds, 525cc injectors, and Walbro fuel pump, I also want to get a 14-15psi tune. I've had much debate whether or not to just get an AEM and was wondering if I could run the car with just the AFC with the new setup I'm going to have this summer or if the VPC would be a must.

Also, what do you guys think is better, VPC/AFC or MAP ECU...I've also thought about dumping my AFC and going with the MAP ECU with my new summer setup.

So what do you guys think?

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
I'm OBDII so it might be a little different, but tuning with the MAP-ECU is amazing. My A/Fs are rock steady and the car drives wonderfully. It allows much more flexibility for tuning and has good data-logging abilities.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey.....I fixed a problem tonight...a big one ! The gasket between the downpipe and the hot turbo side was at 50 % there....A really big leak.....

I hope this leak caused lessen whp on the dyno.......

JB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts