Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I don't have a dyno graph or anything. I have an Innovate Wideband with datalogging. I'm on the VPC "A" chip and 460cc injectors. So in theory I thought I would richen it about +10% across the board. On low map (0-74% throttle) I get about ~14:1 a/f which is fine.

But when I'm trying to tune the low map, the a/f comes out to be lean as hell. These are my settings for the high map, does that shit look normal? I thought normally you richen up under wot.

1000rpm +10%
2000rpm +10%
3000rpm +10%
4000rpm +13%
4400rpm +4%
4800rpm +2%
5200rpm +0%
5600rpm -1%
6000rpm -2%
6400rpm -4%
6800rpm +0%

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
don't try to tune the "low map" the ECU is going to override it anyway using programmed maps. when your in cruise the ECU is shooting for 14:7 to 1 via the o2 sensors and other stuff.

WOT is where you want to make all your adjustments with the safc. also trying to keep your adjustments below 15% since the more you chnage the fuel to more it's going to affect your timing.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I Have A 550chip On My Vpc And I Have 750cc Injectors In My Car. But For Some Reason My Car Runs Lean At Idle After She Warms Up. Like 17.5:1

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It's late, but my math says it should be more like 20% across the board, not 10. If I did it right, that's why it's lean. You aren't adding enough fuel. Reset the ecu, add the 20 and recheck a/f. If you aren't bouncing between low 14s and low 15s, you aren't close enough on your fuel changes. 14.7 should be the middle number, not 14.1. That would tell the ecu you are too rich and it will attempt to take out fuel.

If I remember right, you are NA-T. You'll have to play it by ear on top. On the turbos, we usually take out fuel on top. Factory programming is overly rich so that's normal. I don't know how the NAs are programmed, but I would guess not as rich since they weren't forced induction from the get go. Just utilize the wideband for wot tuning as soon as you dial in closed loop.

malloynx: he does need to adjust closed loop. He's using injectors that are a different size than what the vpc has been programmed for.

·
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, would a rising fpr be the reason why I have to lean out? Cause as boost builds, I guess the pressure rises.

I'm currently on MKIV A Chip and 550cc injectors now, not the 460. Still have to lean out, but a/f is ok.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
????? Just noticed the dates on the posts. FPR shouldn't be a factor as long as it's properly rising 1:1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts