Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows what's the Max injectors I can go with. .I have vpc/afc gforce Ecu..vpc has the B chip i put 1000cc injectors and it seems like its to big of injectors to tune..guys think if I drop inejector size to 850 CC or 880 I should be fine?

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods are pt 67. .81 billet
Two walbros
Afc /vpc and gforce

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to mention I am using a afc1...would a afc2 make a difference in tuning 1000cc?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Forgot to mention I am using a afc1...would a afc2 make a difference in tuning 1000cc?
SAFC2 will make a difference being that it can adjust up to 12 points of rpm range v.s. SAFC1 that can only adjust 7 points of rpm range. I don't remember if SAFC does 30% correction, or if it can do 50% like the SAFC2. As for 1000cc, I'm leaning towards yes by the mere fact people choose SAFC combo on this since GCC can only adjust for 24% max on one point (gain+independent rpm knob) but def get confirmation on that one.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
The VPC B chip can handle 1000cc's. And you will be fine with a SAFC I. Set the fuel pressure on 40 psi with vac hose off.

Start by leaning the IDLE knob all the way, 5-6 clicks. Leave everything else zero'ed out on the VPC and SAFC except for WOT tuning.

Al

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks for the info guys..

hey T6rocket, but if i swap out the 1000cc for 850cc it will be better for tuning right? i really didnt need so much injectors..my power goals are 650-700 the most.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
850's would be better for tuning. But I would give it a week or two to try to tune those in, following exactly what I listed above. VPC setups sometimes need a second ECU reset to get it on track. But after it gets running good, dont reset ECU or disconnect battery!

I have taken that upper intake off 5-6 times. To me it's a big job just to get to the injectors, a personal pet peeve of mine, and I avoid it whenever possible!

Al

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
t6rocket, i said screw it and i just went ahead and purchased a set of 850cc to make life more easier..i hope by me downgrading it will help with my tuning issues..but i am fine with the AFC1 vs AFC2?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts