Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about VPC a bit... from what I can tell due to lack of pictures and not much info on search....

the components the VPC includes is:

Temp Sensor
Pressure Sensor

Wire harness for ECU

Brain

did i miss anything? The brain temp sensor/pressure sensor plug into the brain and the brain i'm guessing (lack of manual to read/pictures to look at) sends the signal to the ecu on the AFM wire.

is it really that simple?

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
its a five wire install i believe... mines sitting at home... there is a pressure sensor and a temp sensor that goes in the charge pipe, I know for a fact that the VPC will work with out the temp sensor

Here is a 7m specific manual for you... it should answer all your questions
http://oldschool.supracentral.com/htm/vpc.htm

-Dustin

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always wondered why the temp made such an impact...

Thanks for the info, if anyone has ANYTHING else to add... like the difference between the 'B' and 'D' chips, please do :)

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
If you're putting this on an 89+, then the wiring diagram on oldskool supra's site will not work for you. YOu'll need the wiring diagram on my site that was supplied by Reg Reimer.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i checked ebay, and there are some for sale right now but they say they are setup for certain cars... mkiv, skyline, stuff like that...

is that just the chip that's changeable? if that's the case can I simply swap the chip and be good to go? can I still buy the chip from HKS?

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,943 Posts
They are inter changeable. The wire harness and chip is all that is different. The head unit is the same!

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the wire harness is just like a fields harness with the vpc built in right? So i could just cut that off and solder it into the ecu harness? I've already got an emanage and e01 and wideband soldered into the ecu, not like five more wires will hurt :rolleyes:

Can i still get a MK3 chip from HKS?

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
yea you can still call up HKS for the chip...make sure you get the chip with the size of your injectors...550 and 440 are different chips..think there around 60 bucks or so..

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,943 Posts
Boosting89 said:
yea you can still call up HKS for the chip...make sure you get the chip with the size of your injectors...550 and 440 are different chips..think there around 60 bucks or so..

True dat true dat. WZUP Tony you bum.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
yeah, i just answered my own question on HKS's site...

i wonder why this isn't more popular, it seems pretty damned cool to me! :)
(other than being expensive :))

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
lol...sup anthony...chillin...i still didnt get my piece of shit together as yet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts