Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my VPC... would those of you who've been running this system take a look at what I purchased and make sure everything's there, and looks okay?

www.bouscal.net/images/vpc

also, does anyone have a pinout of what wires are what coming off the harness heading to the ECU... part of the reason i only paid 375 for it was that there was no harness... oh well, as long as I figure out what wire's what :) also, what do I set the dip switches for?

_ justin

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Yours is also missing the 1/8" NPT adapter for the temp probe. HPF can get you that as well.

As Quickstrike said, you'll need the ECU harness (or you'll have to hardwire it)

Lastly, I couldn't read the Chip, so if you got it from Japan, you'll need a USDM chip, if not you're good to go.

Have fun
Kevin

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks guys, I sure hope HPF can get me that harness for that price, that's awesome!

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
:wtflol:
vpc:wackit: :sperm:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
Justin said:
hahaha, wtf is that????
you tell us!! LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
I remember hearing that you should use the 440cc chip if you are using 550cc injectors, because the 550cc chip makes things way to rich.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SupraTico said:
you tell us!! LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhhhh.... for some reason last time i viewed this thread the picture didn't show up so I didn't have the slightest idea wtf you were talking about, make sence now :p

I've heard that to, which is why i'm after a 440 chip :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
That harness cost me $126 + shipping from HPF. You don't really need the adapter for the tmep sensor, I just tapped a hole in the 3000 pipe to fit the sensor itself, works fine. Its 6mm x 1.25 iirc. Also make sure you have the right chip, and the dip switches are set right. The first time we started mine up, the dip switches were set for an RB26DETT.:)

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rays87turbo said:
That harness cost me $126 + shipping from HPF. You don't really need the adapter for the tmep sensor, I just tapped a hole in the 3000 pipe to fit the sensor itself, works fine. Its 6mm x 1.25 iirc. Also make sure you have the right chip, and the dip switches are set right. The first time we started mine up, the dip switches were set for an RB26DETT.:)

Okay, that price still isn't too bad, I just have to decide wether I want to pull out my emanage, e01, and wideband from the factory harness and re-wire it all into there...

as for the hole, that's what I was planning on doing... if I order the hanress I'll get the adapter to... i think its like 8 bucks *shrug*

do you have a list of what the dip switches mean? just so I can have them?

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Can you tell me for understanding purposes, you wire this box in, place the probes and sensors properly, and you can remove the afm, and run a straight pipe instead? No other modifications suc has controllers or computers?
eric

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BIGG_EASY said:
Can you tell me for understanding purposes, you wire this box in, place the probes and sensors properly, and you can remove the afm, and run a straight pipe instead? No other modifications suc has controllers or computers?
eric

Yes, but an AFC/eManage is recommended as the VPC doesn't control fuel in the way an AFC/eManage does

Does anyone know which wires I need to hook up in order to install this without a harness? I don't want to buy a harness... That's that. I want to hardwire it, and would like to know what colors are what... I found 'em for the MKiv, but the MKiv uses a MAF not an AFM so I don't think the wires would be the same... Also, I need to know about the resistor...

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
710 Posts
Justin said:
Yes, but an AFC/eManage is recommended as the VPC doesn't control fuel in the way an AFC/eManage does

Does anyone know which wires I need to hook up in order to install this without a harness? I don't want to buy a harness... That's that. I want to hardwire it, and would like to know what colors are what... I found 'em for the MKiv, but the MKiv uses a MAF not an AFM so I don't think the wires would be the same... Also, I need to know about the resistor...

Thanks, Justin
Do a search on VPC and hardwire. I believe Alan has a site somewhere with a diagram for 89+. He probably has a link for the older ones too.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm, i'll try again, i've been doing alot of searching :) Thanks!

on a sidenote, i find it amazing that HKS doesn't have the diagram avaliable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts