Supra Forums banner

Vredestein Sessanta Tire???

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  JCFsupra 
#1 ·
Been hearing a lot of buzz about this tire from 350z and z06 guys but are any Supra guys running it? If so, could you post up how you like them? Seems to be one of the best bang for buck tire next to the General Exclaim UHP. I can find a 295/35/18 in just under $200 per tire.

#2 ·
I may have been the first to have them here (got em last year) and LOVE them! Not only do I prefer them over my KDWs, but their wet weather performance is stunning. I've used many, mnay different top notch tires over the years, and I have to say, these are my favorite I've ever used. They handle amazing in wet of dry, the ride quality is very good and they're quiet. And priced right.

What's not to like?? Try em out...you won't be disappointed!!

#3 ·
Not a bad tire. BrianK03 uses them. They appear directional but they are Asymmetric tread pattern.

#4 ·
I had then on my Z06 and loved them. I'll be replacing the worthless $500/each Pilot Sports on my Supra with them shortly.

#6 ·
Many positive reviews are out there for the tire on various forums I visit, only a few less than positive ones.

They sound like a solid tire.

#15 ·
They do have great wet traction aside from it's awesome dry performance. Love mine, esp for the price. Can't beat it!

#16 ·
I have these mounted on my classics. EXCELLENT tire although I can't give much of a review as it's just a street car that doesn't see the rain :/

My car makes 662 whp daily and I have no problem hooking in 3rd if it's above 60 degrees. I'm running a 295/35/18.

A much better tire compared to the Toyo T1r's I use to run (granted they were on 19" rims).

#17 ·
^^^What size is your rear wheel? I wonder if these tires are made bigger than usual like the bfg's and if 295 is feasible on a 12" width without a crazy stretch.

#19 ·
My personal experience with Vredestein tires is that they are garbage... Mounted on my daily driver with very conservative driving, resulted in terrible sidewall bubbles after a few months of use.

I cannot fully comment on their Sessanta line of tires however.

#20 ·
The batch that was made prior to these had those issues with the sidewall but they've been corrected. I've spoken to a couple of people and they swear by them. I just picked up a set of 245/40 275/35 for my Stern ST1 Face III Beasts and can't wait to put them through their paces. I've read some great review both in Europe and the US on these tires and for $845 that's half the price of what they are up north. I'll let you know in a month after I do the Chicago and Toronto meets as to how they are on the road, highway, track, strip & dyno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.