Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the AEM Infinity 8 with the plug n play harness. According to AEM the Vehicle Speed Sensor No.1 maps to pin C1-25 on the AEM ECU. I have read all about the VSS signal and the problems with it going through the Odometer. My speedometer works fine. I have depinned both the pink wire and the blue-red wire and I have the temporarily hooked together,thereby effectively sending the signal directly to the ECU. I still cannot get any raw data on the VSS input under the Speed & Frequency Tab in the wizard setup. I am wondering what the noise cancellation should be set at? Also what the other settings should be in this tab? My next step is to verify that the wire indeed has continuity between the splice and the ecu, and then look at it on an o-scope. Hoping it doesn't have to come to that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. So I Have a meter here at my work that measures frequency. I put the meter between chassis ground and the pink wire which is connected to the blue/red wire. I am getting a very nice consistent reading on the meter. Approximately 1 Hz for every MPH. I also checked contuinity between that connection point and the wire it is pinned to via the PnP harness. I have very good continuity, and it is at the pin that AEM has it mapped to C1-25. Furthermore I am actually seeign raw data coming into the AEM for the VSS signal. However it is complete garbage and not consistent with what I saw on the meter. As soon as I start rolling hte data is all over the place. The scaled data will shoot to 1000mph. jump back to 0 up to 500mph and all very erratically and instantaneous. SO now my focus turns to AEM, Why is the software seeing crazy values. My guess is noise. On the noise filters in the software, by default are at 5. I don't know what 5 means, cause AEM tends to like to use numbers with no units of measure. But no matter if i set it to 5, 10, 100, or 1000, it seems to make no difference. Anyone else have similar issues, and what is the fix. My next step if I get no help here, my dad happens to be a very good analog electrical engineer, he said we can put a scope on it and make our own noise filter. Just seems like it should be simpler than that. I am also going to reach out on the AEM forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts