Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so
My question is .. with the 2jzgte vvti with the DBW , I take it the cable is what moves the side of throttle body and it tells the dbw system to open the plate according to how much the cable pulls . Correct ? It’s not like the 350z where the sensor on the gas pedal tells the TB to open up with no cable .. I hope this makes sense and appreciate any info

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Ok so
My question is .. with the 2jzgte vvti with the DBW , I take it the cable is what moves the side of throttle body and it tells the dbw system to open the plate according to how much the cable pulls . Correct ? It’s not like the 350z where the sensor on the gas pedal tells the TB to open up with no cable .. I hope this makes sense and appreciate any info
Correct. The cable is the APP (accelerator pedal position). It simply tells the system how much throttle the driver is commanding. The 2jz system is slightly more complicated, but that is the basics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Correct. The cable is the APP (accelerator pedal position). It simply tells the system how much throttle the driver is commanding. The 2jz system is slightly more complicated, but that is the basics.
Would you be able to use the DBW without the the cable?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve got my Infinity working the stock DBW on my IS300 with a vvti GTE (Aristo) swap. I don’t think you could get rid of the mechanical cable. It would be an experiment by swapping to a pedal that is 100% electronic. The thing here is that originally, it’s about 0-25% mechanical and 26-100% electronic. They made it that way so if you had a DBW error, you’d theoretically still have enough partial throttle to limp home.So I don’t know if an all electronic pedal will actually control that low 0-25% throttle that was originally mechanical. I’ve not seen it done before, so I don’t know for sure. The wiring is pretty much exactly like any modern DBW with the exception of the “clutch”. It requires a switched 12V and a pwm ground to activate. If you want my wiring notes on it, I’d be glad to share.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea I’m planning on doing a 2jz brz build at some point next year and I was researching the throttle body. The wiring specialties harness supports either options but I learned it was dbw with a cable and got confused and I haven’t seen anyone delete the cable, only the DBW delete. So I might find a pedal that supports the 2jz throttle body or just delete the DBW and get a DBC pedal. Thanks for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts