Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving a 98 N/A with VVT-i, I've read up on it and it says its distributerless, and so forth. Is the VVT-i really that restrictive? How different is the engine from the rest?

Anyway I wanted to know if a turbo kit designed for the 96 and under supras will still fit on my engine. I don't know if the blocks are different or not. I dont want to drop 4-6k for a kit that won't fit :mad:. Any help would be much appericiated.

Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
VVTi and OBDII are different. Only 98 N/A supras had VVTi but all 96-98 supras had OBDII. Blocks are the same but some of the internals are weaker. Not a problem if you are looking for up to 500rwhp. The only problem I know of would be controlling a the air/fuel and timing because of the VVTi. LexLuthor has thread on here and on clublexus about his 98 VVTi sc300 going turbo.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see that you are in Austin. If you are looking for serious power from your car, go to Boost Logic (www.boostlogic.com). They are right there in Austin. If you just want some more power, Dave's Kit is the best that you will find currently for up to like 500rwhp without a lot of dough.

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts