Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with tuning my vvti 2jz. vvti motor came out of an aristo and dropped into an mk4 using tweakd harness and QFab Motorsports patch harness. Dropped the car off at a tuner about 3 weeks ago and after strapping it up to the dyno realized the cam angle was not changing. We assumed the vvti solenoid was sticking so we ordered and replaced the vvti solenoid and no changes. Wiring to vvti solenoid shows 12v with key on which is correct BUT the ground wire is also showing 3v coming through intermittently. Wiggling the pig tail, voltage will drop to 0 so clearly theres a wiring issue. Spoke with Cam at Tweakd earlier today and he told me there are no splices in the vvti solenoid wires so i dont believe it would be a main harness issue. Anybody experienced this? Bad pig tail maybe or should i be looking deeper toward the patch harness? Tuner is packed and has no time to mess with the wiring and im not great with it. I will have the car back tomorrow to take a further look.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,263 Posts
If wiggling the pig tail caused an electrical change, I'd suspect that connector (and the pins inside it). I assume by "pig tail" you're talking about wiggling the connector (housing) itself, or the wires that come out of it within a couple of inches of the connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts