Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on this forum for a quite a while now and i may have not been the most avid posting member i definitely learnt alot from the gurus on here.
I think if we can gather sufficient info here on this discussion of vvti vs. non vvti that will make it easier for everybody who's going further into learning about this. Personally i dont have enough info about but would love to learn more.

What i know is that vvti heads are compatible with all gte block except for the oil input and toyota makes that adapter. Also any engine 96+ is compatible.
Power wise got more low end power so more torque @ the same hp ratings.

Thats pretty much all i know about them.

·
spracingonline.com
2,875 Posts
Toyota does not make an adapter to fit the OE VVTi oil feed to the early block (93-95). The adapter you mention was to fit the OE oil pressure sensor to the late block, it's a male 16mm x 1.5 to female 1/8" bpt

Bob

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I am about to drop my built VVT-i head with HKS 264 cams on my built block and one thing is certain - There's a ton of misinformation about it.
People have insisted I can't use normal turbo manifold, my car will be interference, tuning it is too hard, etc

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask:

GTE non VVTi to VVTi conversion, Facts and myths

Ken.

Not quite.. Is there a cam seal difference?

This thread shows no consensus, hinting that they actualy are differnet parts.
Cam shaft seals Non VVTI vs VVTI

Driftmotion says they are the same part
2JZ cam seal

That facts and myths thread only says they are different cam gears and cams themsevles but doesn't mention a seal.

Scrolled through 250 posts of a potential 480 when searching "vvti cam seal" and havent found a consensus.

Does anyone actually know? Not "it worked for me but didnt work for him"

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,232 Posts
Yes they are the same seal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts