Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I drove my car after i had changed my veilside with a virtual works manifold and i can say that difference is huge.Especially off-boost response is far better than before.I think theres something wrong with the veilside.
My advice is for who thinks to buy a veilside mani.DO NOT BUY VEILSIDE.I am the one who used two of them in the same car with no changes other than manifold.We do not have a dyno here that we can see the difference.But difference is HUGE.

·
Registered
672 Posts
furi said:
Finally, I drove my car after i had changed my veilside with a virtual works manifold and i can say that difference is huge.Especially off-boost response is far better than before.I think theres something wrong with the veilside.
My advice is for who thinks to buy a veilside mani.DO NOT BUY VEILSIDE.I am the one who used two of them in the same car with no changes other than manifold.We do not have a dyno here that we can see the difference.But difference is HUGE.

VWR all the way!!!!:D :D

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
nice....if u get a chance..try out the gen2 sp intake manifold....i love it...:)

·
Sold Mine :(
1,024 Posts
Hmm anymore thoughts on the VW Mani?

And thanks nick for showing me this post.

·
Making a ComeBack!
1,058 Posts
wheresursfl said:
Hmm anymore thoughts on the VW Mani?

And thanks nick for showing me this post.
If your going to go with an Intake Mani go with the VW..
I'm picking up the VW this week ( while the Supra is down i'll be adding), I also have the VW vs Vailside magazine I'll bring it with me @ the BBQ Saturday... BTW it's the SC400 thats coming not the SUPRA :( ..

Chk this thread out :
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166026

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
I don't know about the Veilside... there's too much against it.
When I upgrade my intake manifold, I'll most likely be using the VW.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We installed the VW intake on my car an are having terrible problems with both high idle (1400rpm) and surging (200-300rpm) and we cant get it under control. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
vettetwinturbo said:
We installed the VW intake on my car an are having terrible problems with both high idle (1400rpm) and surging (200-300rpm) and we cant get it under control. Any ideas?
You have a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I have a VW on my car and love it. The car is a tad difficult to drive with the Tilton because it wants to rev so quickly. I love every minute of it. My idle is a little high at 1200rpm but this keeps clutch rattle down so I don't mind it quite as much.

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
wonder if its an over kill for a BL67?
You guys think its to much manifold for the Turbo?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
VR4_007 said:
wonder if its an over kill for a BL67?
You guys think its to much manifold for the Turbo?
I've got a GT40-67. It may be overkill but that's not always a bad thing , at least you'll be ready should you ever decide to move to a larger turbo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts