Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says...VW vs Vw... which means i got approved to get a vw.. but confused on which ride i should choose from for a daily driver... i have a choice between a Jetta 2.5 and a GTI.. both 6 spd tiptronic.. this is one of the hardest decisions of my life! lol. if anyone has any good advice or information about either cars it would be much appreciated!

I would also like to know if it would be a good idea not to void the warranty. i've heard vw's engeneering going down the drain.. no idea if this is true or not.. please help

Matt

·
Cultured Development
319 Posts
neither...
GLI:bigok:

·
w00t
1,297 Posts
A place like www.vwvortex.com might be a better area to find information on VW's but ummm if it was up to me and coming from one, I'd recommend the GTI. The 2.5 engine doesn't really have any bragging rights in the gas mileage area so to me there isn't really much to care about in that car.

The GTI is an awesome ride, especially with the DSG. I don't care if you are a diehard manual guy, it is still very fun and VERY involving. Hearing it blip the throttle when downshifting is addicting. :)

You're in Ohio and I know of a few well known vw dealers that are pretty modification friendly so do a search on the site I gave you and see what turns out.

Ps- go GIAC ;)

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
If you're approved for a VW, you'll be approved at other dealers with better cars....I'd go to them ;)
Now that is a breath of fresh air right there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like the title says...VW vs Vw... which means i got approved to get a vw.. but confused on which ride i should choose from for a daily driver... i have a choice between a Jetta 2.5 and a GTI.. both 6 spd tiptronic.. this is one of the hardest decisions of my life! lol. if anyone has any good advice or information about either cars it would be much appreciated!

I would also like to know if it would be a good idea not to void the warranty. i've heard vw's engeneering going down the drain.. no idea if this is true or not.. please help

Matt
I'd say GTI, TDI, or if you dont mind a chick car - EOS.

Seriously, TDIs are bloody awesome - the next gen one is 40/60 mpg, and actually has torque, unlike other hybrids....

Why just VWs though? What do you want in a car? There's so much else out there.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah well the dealership just called and fucked me over so now im not even getting a vw anymore.. thats out of the question.. so next one is what is my next dd that responds well to mods?

·
Turbology
434 Posts
Just to play devil's advocate; the Jetta 2.5 will likely be much cheaper on insurance, and also better for daily driving and chores as it has two extra doors and more space.
;)

Also, my buddy is a VW tech and he actually liked the responsiveness and torque of the 2.5 5-cyl, but of course the GTI would be much more fun with the sportier suspension, brakes and 2.0T.

It's really a question of your preferences, as each car serves a different purpose.
:)

·
I don't drive a Supra
163 Posts
I'd get the GTI with the 2.0T. Those engines are VERY torquey when chipped.

·
Registered
215 Posts
youre 19 and getting a loan for a VW.

get a civic hatch for $2k and just spend the extra money to go to college.

Then, you buy whatever the fuck you want :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts