Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate this cast aluminum or aluminum mounting brace or bracket from a 6 speed manual Supra. Does anyone have one of these that they are willing to sell?

Thanks again,!
Mark

Attachments

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,348 Posts
It’s aluminum. Just weld it

·
1,736 Posts

·
1,736 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does say Mg on the top. Does this mean this part is actually made of Magnesium instead of Aluminum? Can a Magnesium part be welded back together. This piece is super light and not Very thick whatsoever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for the brake pedal support mount, not the clutch pedal as shown in the 2 pictures above. The part # people have left as a response is actually for the clutch pedal.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,481 Posts

·
1,736 Posts
Negative. It will light up like the 4th of July.
I've heard that some of the bravest welders will weld magnesium but it will probably be super expensive. Does anyone know if an aftermarket exists for this brake pedal bracket?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know of an aftermarket one, but I'm sure a good fabrication shop could replicate it out of steel or aluminum.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A lot of misinformation in here.. The bracket is Magnesium.. Magnesium can be welded with magnesium rod. It welds similar to aluminum. I just went through this with mine when it broke. I have an extra one i could sell you. It's for a RHD but will work if you tap the threads for the brake switch. (like i did for my car)
Ryan Burnett
303-518-6752

1 - 14 of 14 Posts