Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching, but the search option is acting up. Anyway, I have a turbo conversion in my 87, but kept the NA trans. Slowly but surely, the front seal (trans input seal?) has sprung a leak. After stopping and shutting off the car, the trans pukes out fluid from in between the engine and bell housing. The engine rear main seal has been replaced. Is there any way to replace the trans front seal by myself?

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
ISR87N/A said:
I've tried searching, but the search option is acting up. Anyway, I have a turbo conversion in my 87, but kept the NA trans. Slowly but surely, the front seal (trans input seal?) has sprung a leak. After stopping and shutting off the car, the trans pukes out fluid from in between the engine and bell housing. The engine rear main seal has been replaced. Is there any way to replace the trans front seal by myself?
Only time ive had a W58 leak was when overfilled by 1 ltr

Have you checked the level ??

Front shaft leak means shaft wear due to worn bearings

Take out fix
Take out replace :scratch:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/mt/MT_03.html

·
Registered
601 Posts
I say fuck it. Junk that damn tranny and get you another W58. They are fairly inexpensive and come a dime a dozen. Just want to ask you how does your clutch and tranny hold up to the turbo power? Im doing the GTE swap soon and will initially be keeping the W58 till I can afford to get the R154.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts