Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the exhaust, driveshaft, slave cylinder, and speedo coble unhooked.

the bottom 4 bellhousing bolt are no problem, but How do I reach the top bolts?
will I have to take the intake maniflod off to get those?

Thanks,

-Mike

·
Supra teacher 101
613 Posts
no no no, get an Extension and get it under the car. (drivers side) passenger side u should be able to get a wrench in there

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
^^^ hey, you're not banned anymore :lol: Anyways, it's even easier if you undo the rear tranny mount and tilt the engine back.

·
Supra teacher 101
613 Posts
^ yea, i know, haha i was like WTF when i got bannd and they never gav eme a reason i got banned.. pretty gay, but hey what Can i do.!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woo, Thanks. Any other tips to make this go smoother?

I already dropped the exhaust on my head getting the hangers off...

·
Registered
696 Posts
get like 3 feet of extensions ... thats pritty much how you got to do it. then once there all out get a jack or your buddy to hold it from fallin. itll stay up till you pry it off theres 2 lil half inch nubs going into the tranny but just pry it off and dont drop it.
OH lil trick. put some plastic over the end of the tranny with an elastic band over the plastic.. itll make it so the fluid doesnt come out. makes it alllllot easyer
good luck
harry

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
lol you got it off, congrats... good look getting it on. Its the biggest bitch ever! epsecially if you dont have the right tools. My tranny is off for a whole day now i just dont have the time to put it on, and it is very time consuming again that is if you do not have the right tools.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to buy the longest extension they make...

I got the transmission off, Toyota hid a nut on the end of the topmost starter bolt. I was doing this all by myself so I didn't have anyone to hold a wrench up there. So, I went to put a wrench on it and then turn it till it hit the trans tunnel/firewall. The wrench won't fit....

I had to cut a wrench in half with a torch to get it to go in there and be able to stay while i wrestled with 3.5 ft of wobbly, peiced together extensions.

Now I hav to get the flywheel re-surfaced, and get the new transmission INTO the car. Fun times ahead..

·
Registered
276 Posts
You may need a swivel in order to get the socket squarely on the bolt. I can't remember, but I think I used a ratchet type WRENCH and did it from the top. Either way will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts