Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got all the parts ready to swap out my w58 to a v160 and I was gonna do the swap myself but I'm having reservations and might want to take it to a shop. I know it's a fairly straight forward swap and there really isn't any modification needed (already a manual so no pedal install or tunnel cutting). I'm wondering if I took it to a shop what's a reasonable amount of hours to complete the swap? I've got everything down to the bushings, tt crossbar, usdm big diff, driveshaft, rubber boots, flywheel and clutch, 6 speed left axle, flywheel bolts, v160 oil, etc. so really there shouldn't be any hiccups or issues, I hope 馃檹

Registered
I pulled my w58 before taking it in for the transmission install. The master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch line, clutch ect was also pulled prior to install. I used a free tow from AAA to the shop. Saved money on the install being gutted already and ready to roll.

If you have all the equipment/tools then I would go for it. its just not as fun on your back haha

I would say $600-$800 would be a fair price for a full installation with the differential if they know what they are doing.

Kappa Check 1 2
Literally all the parts that would be considered hard to do this swap are already done/don't need doing (tunnel/clutch pedal), just grab some jack stands and get to it!

-Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts