Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tuner keeps telling me to install a bosch 044 inline pump to work with my walbro intank .

he anyone here used this combo as yet instead of the traditional 2 pumps in tank

i am hitting right now around 500 rwhp at about 22psi on pump with 750cc inj and my pump seems to be maxing out ..

my goals are modest in the upper 500 range and it seems the addition of this pump inline with a larger fuel rail should provide more the ample cool fuel on tap

i also just ran -6an lines from tank to rail with a aeromotive fuel filter inline

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
well .. running them inline* would work great, bosch 044's are OUTSTANDING pumps, they come factory on porsche TT's and are used in a lot of WRC ralley cars and a lot in cars that do professional racing. itll be quite easy to do since you already have new feed lines coming from your tank, just gotta put one inline and run a relayed wire to it etcc.

·
4,417 Posts
It's my understanding that feeding the 044 from another pump only increases the performance of the 044. I think this would be a great setup for your goals.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I have done this before and it works well. However the pump is very loud because it is outside of the tank. Since you want less than 600whp, can't you just run one big bosch pump inside the tank?

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just did one a couple weeks ago, stock Denso feeding a Bosch 044 inline. I simply turned the Bosch on as the boost started coming up, so the noise was not an issue.
how exactly did you turn on second pump when it sees boost

·
Big Things Happening Soon
1,051 Posts
This set up works fine. Ive seen many cars with this set up it works well. Good Luck with your set up.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I just did one a couple weeks ago, stock Denso feeding a Bosch 044 inline. I simply turned the Bosch on as the boost started coming up, so the noise was not an issue.
So I assume then that you can run fuel through the Bosch pump without it on?. What do you think the two pumps setup like this can handle power wise. I already have a Denso pump in my car but dont really want to do two Walbros in tank. My goals are 600 ish, maybe 700. How far did you push this setup. I am runnig a Haltech SP2000 so controling the pumps wont be a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know a 255hp Intank and a Bosch 044 inline is good for over 800whp in a Turbo Honda, and can support very high base pressure w/o issues. Alot of people are using this combo to support 100psi base fuel pressure with the new ID1000cc Injectors that we are using, and there are no complaints at all.

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know a 255hp Intank and a Bosch 044 inline is good for over 800whp in a Turbo Honda, and can support very high base pressure w/o issues. Alot of people are using this combo to support 100psi base fuel pressure with the new ID1000cc Injectors that we are using, and there are no complaints at all.
would you say this is noisy , or very very noisy as above poster illustrated for i have read on other forums that for a external pump and if you use the hard to get insulated mounting bracket its as quiet as the walbro

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

hey john

when you ran this pump , to you did you think once car was on and idling was it excessively loud or was it only loud if key on but not started

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as i just asked john reed the question

to you personally , once the car is actually on and idling was the pump loud or just loud key on but not running

·
Registered
2,712 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Ed. I wouldnt suggest something I have not tried before. I've been using Bosch 044's inline for years without any issues. You would simply wire the pump to a low side (ground) OR high side (power) output and activate it via the AEM EMS. That's how we have Terry's setup

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
It's my understanding that feeding the 044 from another pump only increases the performance of the 044. I think this would be a great setup for your goals.
Absolutely. It keeps the line fuel pressure from plummeting at high boost ie. 73psi+ line pressure but you are still limited to roughly the max fuel output of a single Bosch at 0psi.

Now, dual intanks will flow more fuel (~2X as much if using W255's or your stock densos) than the series setup so keep that in mind.

Martin Musial @ AMS has done some very good testing on these pump configurations and there's data over here if anyone's interested.

The inline setup is very common with 4G63 guys.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts