Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been breaking in my supra for the past 2 days. Everything is great except one issue. After driving the car for a while, like 20 minutes the fuel pump will get very loud, when this happens it drop s some base pressure and if you try and boost theres no fuel there. If you shut the key off and restart the car its good for another 20 minutes. I cleaned out the tank a few eeks ago and instlled the new pump, also bypassed the resistor, and removed the charcol canistor.

I vented the fuel cap today and it still does it. Someone told me his nissan did the same thing. He wired a 10gauge wires from the battery with a relay for the pump. never happened again? However if it was low voltage why would it get louder. Noramlly i cannot even notice the pump. When this happens it whines really loud?/

·
Registered
302 Posts
just because it is getting louder doesn't mean it is pumping faster, might not be enough amperage tho, basically the thicker wire accomadates more current.

·
Registered
375 Posts
man thats almost the exact problem im having...does it bog when quickly hitting the throttle after awhile driving?

·
Registered
318 Posts
My car was doing the EXACT same thing. I have an A1000 aeromotive pump. Solution=new fuel filter. Mine was black as coal - problem solved.

·
Registered
375 Posts
yea i put a brand new toyota filter...i think im going to solder the wires this time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts