Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
N/A Power
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year I have got the walbro 255lph pump off ebay, put it in, everything was great. Last weekend went to the road race track to do a few laps
It was very hot that day, I had just under 1/2 tank of gas.
Get home, just as i start backing into the garage the pump starts to whine
Fill up the tank, went away for a bit...
Now when I go for a long drive on a hot day it still whines
Did I run it too low on gas?
Anybody heard of a walbro pump die?

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
yeah they die.... not often but they do ....they usually have a 1 year warranty but you have to send the pump to them and they have to test it. If they determin that the pump is at fault then they will send you a new one but if not then you have to pay for the shiping and testing of the pump out of your pocket. All that being a hassel most people just purchase another one. Let me know if you need one.

·
aka supra_driven
196 Posts
can u get one the same day? I need to get one. If u are open tomorrow i can probably pick it up after work. PM me.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,951 Posts
Dude walbros ae loud....when the tank is low you can hear then whine like a bitch...lol. What makes you think its dead. Fill that tank watch the whine dissappear. Look at what you wrote. Fills it... whine goes... drives it fuel low whine is back. You are fine...

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
SupraGuy88T said:
yeah they die.... not often but they do ....they usually have a 1 year warranty but you have to send the pump to them and they have to test it. If they determin that the pump is at fault then they will send you a new one but if not then you have to pay for the shiping and testing of the pump out of your pocket. All that being a hassel most people just purchase another one. Let me know if you need one.

how much are you selling them for?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
yeah, but like QWIKSTRIKE said, you have no reason to believe its dying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts