Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has/can anyone explain me how and where does the walbro or equivalent fuel pump upgrade for mkIII goes and how you install it?

I searche returned a blank page.
Thx

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
does the TSRM still exist anyone?

Anyway you need to jack the rear of the car up and unbolt the gas tank, remove the gas filler neck and disconect all the wires leading to the pump. the pump is inside the tank, i believe its held in by regular phillips screws.

take it out and study it, and install the walboro in the same fashion.

its probably a 2hr job max for the first time doing it.

also while you are down there i suggest you replace your fuel filter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's cheap - considering the price, is there any reason NOT to just use this as a stock replacement with no other fuel system mods?

I'm running an NA motor with stock fuel pressure regulator, no j-tube, just 1/4" ID fuel line from the regulator back to the hard line that runs under the body. Can the stock FPR handle the extra flow? Sorry for the (sort-of) hijack.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well yes I know the TSRM exists thackyou, I wanted to know if theres anyway to do it with out taking out the tank, yes gasoline mekes me nervous, besides we all know there are better was to do things than then TSRM way, at least somethings ;)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
...well not fot the fuel pump.

run your car until the gas light comes on.

if you are that nervous about gas i suggest letting a pro install it if
you want to go that route.

but look to the TSRM and do it that way, or screw something up.
when i did mine i had the tsrm pages right there and the install was a breeze.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
no way to do it with out taking out the tank. I just did mine after I got back from the track. Only had a little race gas left in it, so it was light enuff to drop it down fine. there is a drain plug in the tank though.
Getting the lines off the filter and getting the filter out will be a bitch. I needed Yingling to do that for me while I did the pump and the tank. I didnt wanna break the damn lines

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll be doing this install in a few weeks, lemme know if you have any tips after your done!! I'll be sure to use the TSRM and some ying to make the night go smother. :p

stevo

PM_Performance, Where in PA are you from? i'll be in Mercer county all summer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
During my engine swap I had to drop my tank a total of 6 times to replace fuel lines that kept popping. (bent the hardline off the pump bracket) The tank was about 3/4 full and was a royal bitch to handle. Me and a friend used a floor jack and a block of wood. It isn't very hard if you have 2 people.

I wouldnt really worry about the gas at all, we had a kerosene blower style heater sitting about 5 feet away.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^^ :rofl: haha

Stevo86 said:
I'll be doing this install in a few weeks, lemme know if you have any tips after your done!! I'll be sure to use the TSRM and some ying to make the night go smother. :p

stevo
same here. i would also like to know how the install goes. i have done it on a MKIV, but you dont have to drop the tank to do that.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ i know i am... PM them to me if you can

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
454 Posts
http://www.7mpower.com/kamil/rebuild/walbro/

There ya go, sorry for the lack of undercarriage pics but actually removing the tank is a breeze. From what I remember its two nuts/bolts that hold the straps which hold the tank. Remember to swap your fuel filter for a new one while the tank is down, you can't miss it since you'll have to remove the fuel lines from it to drop the tank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts