Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Quite a simple one really, but I'm struggling to find the info.
What's the outlet on a walbro fuel pump? I'm specc'ing the fuel line for my Blitz twin install and have got as far as a -6 Y in the tank for the pumps, but don't know what I can run from the pump up to this.

Also, whilst I'm thinking about it, with the return line, what happens to it when it goes back to the tank? I can't make out in the service manual what happens, is there a hose that runs into the tank or what? Any info would be great, thanks!

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
tlicense said:
Hello guys,

Quite a simple one really, but I'm struggling to find the info.
What's the outlet on a walbro fuel pump? I'm specc'ing the fuel line for my Blitz twin install and have got as far as a -6 Y in the tank for the pumps, but don't know what I can run from the pump up to this.

Also, whilst I'm thinking about it, with the return line, what happens to it when it goes back to the tank? I can't make out in the service manual what happens, is there a hose that runs into the tank or what? Any info would be great, thanks!
You can use -6 an lines for your walbros.

The return line does just that, it returns fuel to the tank in the rear of the car. Only thing worth mentioning is a black hose that's located in the tank that connects to the return line fitting. This hose routes the fuel into the little white container you might have noticed in your tank. I believe Toyota did this to help feed the pump(s) fuel with light/low fuel loads. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome.

I've not opened the tank up yet, but I'm sure I'll see what you mean about the container. I'm replacing the return line with a -6. I was going to fit a bulkhead adaptor where the line goes into the top, then I'll fit a -6 to push on connector and just run a rubber hose back to this container. Sound reasonable?

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
tlicense said:
Awesome.

I've not opened the tank up yet, but I'm sure I'll see what you mean about the container. I'm replacing the return line with a -6. I was going to fit a bulkhead adaptor where the line goes into the top, then I'll fit a -6 to push on connector and just run a rubber hose back to this container. Sound reasonable?
Sounds like you're on the right track, although if I was going thru the hassle of replacing the facotry return line, I would use -8 an line.

Factory return line can't be that much smaller than a 6an line, unless this is a n/a to Turbo conversion we're talking about here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know, -8 just seems a little overkill though for what I'm aiming for. To be honest I didn't realise the stock return was that kinda size.

So looking at the top of the hanger, where the hoses go in, the outgoing fuel pipe is a banjo threaded job, but the return looks like a 90degree plasitc bit that's molded into the top of the cover. Is that right? (It's difficult for me to see with the pictures and diagram's I've found) Or is it just a piece that you can take out and replace with a proper -6/8 bulkhead connector?

Thanks for your help!

Tony

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah cool, but it is removable though right? Sorry to be a pain I just want to make sure I get it all right before I go and order the best part of $700 of hose and fittings.

Many thanks again!

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
tlicense said:
Ah cool, but it is removable though right? Sorry to be a pain I just want to make sure I get it all right before I go and order the best part of $700 of hose and fittings.

Many thanks again!
It's removable by using a cut off wheel. After cutting it, use the pre-existing hole for your fitting. Once you start tearing everthing down you'll see how easy it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts