Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance, but it just recently occurred to me that this white car was previously 7MGTE right, and it got me wondering if they had been using the oem fuel pump or a Walbro...as I'm kinda fuel pump dumb, I was hoping someone could settle this for me. I couldn't see any identifying marks on it, so I took pics. (I remember changing the fuel pump on my aunts 1983 and the one on my car seems a little bigger, but I could be mistaken)

any help would be appreciated

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well I just wanted to be sure it was OEM. I dont have a turbo engine in the car now, but I was wondering if running the walbro on a mildly modded 5M would cause problems like running too rich. But if it is oem than I really dont have any worries
thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
shouldn't cause problems unless it flows so much that the fuel pressure regulator can't handle it. which i seriously doubt would happen

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I thought that if it WAS a walbro, maybe I should tune the AFM to allow more air, but since it isn't, then meh. I'll wait until I get the intake to mess with the AFM

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
do you have 550 or 440 injectors?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tanya said:
no point in changing a good OEM pump for a Walbro, especially with my engine being n/a and not needing anything more than OEM. ;)
still running the stock 5MGE here, as I've said. 182cc injectors don't need anything better than an OEM fuel pump.
The PREVIOUS owner had a 7MGTE in it, dunno the specs of it, so I didn't know if they had used a Walbro or left the OEM pump in it.
But my question is answered

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
oh sorry...my brains are fried..lol..yea stock fuel pump is needed there....question...why did he take out the 7mgte?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some kind of deal was made, the 7MGTE went into another mkII, an '85 two tone that was sold in Georgia sometime last year for like $3k
It's a pretty long to-do actually, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts