Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a walbro 255lp pump last night and then test drove car. first 5 miles car was great. pulled nice and hard. then it went to shit. it would go way lean when idleing to the point to almost dieing. cruiseing it would get really rich (12:0) then lean (18:0) and back and forth. my fuel system is completely stock except the new walbro... what is it?? pump?? fuel pressure regulator??

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would have to say try reseting your ecu. When you do upgrades like that, you should reset it so the ecu can relearn your new mod.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'd swap in the old pump to verify if the new one is bad or not.

·
Vengeance is mine
907 Posts
You may want to check all the lines inside the tank, if you have a fuel line that is loose/cracked/etc... it will loose pressure and you car will run like ass, make sure ALL your connections are tight.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im an idiot!!! i swaped the pump back to stock and still had same crap.. so i had no idea what to do so I was gonna just try testing stuff. the first thing i did was a pressure test, to check for boost leaks. well.... the coupler coming off the turbo wasnt loose... it was completely off the turbo... :( im glad it was that easy!! when that was over i proceed to the race track and beat a mkiii, eclipse gst, and my friends na mkiv.... it was good. oh getting on the freeway i apperently passed an under cover cop doing 90.. :( :( very lucky somehow he didnt see me.. thanks everyone for your advice!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts