Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a walbro for my car and installed it. went smoothly. i took the car for a drive and made 3 pulls in about a 5 mile period. everything was fine to that point. then coming home just cruising I noticed that my afr was around 12 when its suppose to be at 14.7. got to a gas station and the car almost died because it kept getting too lean. i would have to give it gas to keep the car running. this walbro is the first thing i have done to my fuel system.. i have heard they are loud and make a whining sound when on. mine is super quiet with no sound. could it be something else??

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jr24dawg said:
my afr was around 12 when its suppose to be at 14.7.......the car almost died because it kept getting too lean
Lean? 12:1 sounds pretty damn rich to me. :dunno:
What was your AFR while idling?

~Alan

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rich (12:1) when cruising. but it would go way lean (17:1) and go between that. thats when i was cruising at 35mph... no load with even throttle pressure. but when i would idle it would go up and up and up till like 21 afr. thats the limit of my wideband. around 18 and up the car would just about die... could it be a fuel pressure regulator?? and can those just go bad all of a sudden??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is it possible that you might have connected it backwards + to - and - to + ?
It would be good to test the fuel pressure in the rail also, not very easy but a good test.

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
get a fuel pressure gauge and check the pressure. But it does seem like your walbro are gone though. If they are gone it just a 100 dollar fix.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fixed it. it was just a boost leak. the coupler coming right off the turbo was completely off the turbo. thanks for the advice though!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts