Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to upgrade to twin intank Walbro 341's... I noticed Auto Performance Engineering has pretty good price but I haven't really checked around... IS THERE a KIT to install these twin pumps on my Supra or do I just order the two pumps and the supplied 'accessories' will be all I will need??? THANKS for any response!?!?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So NO ONE uses this setup?? Come on and lend me a hand on this so I can finish my fuel setup and know exactly what to order?!?!?!?:(

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
You can just get the two pumps and use hose clamps to secure them on the in-tank bracket. Slit a piece of fuel line lengthwise and put between the pumps to isolate them. There are several ways to run the discharges out of the tank. I Y'd the discharges together and ran them out through the stock pipe, and then used a adapter at the banjo fitting and ran a -6an fuel line to the rail. A better way is to run one of the pumps out through the stock fuel line, and then use a bulkhead fitting and run the second pump to the rail on it's own -6an line. Run a new electrial wire for the second pump (with inline fuse). Use a relay, and trigger the relay with the power supply to the oem pump. You can see pics of how I did it at www.mkiv.com , go to the tech articles and look at fuel pump testing.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I just got my pumps today so I haven't starting installing the fuel sys yet. Dave covered it pretty good. I'm going to use a T in the tank and run one line up and out using a 90 degree bulkhead connector. I'm using one -8 to the front. I ordered the FPD003 kit for the AWD DSM. It comes with foam sleeves that go around the pumps for a little noise control and will isolate them when I clamp them together. They came with plug type connectors with 6 or so inches of wire. You'll need to run a good size power wire from the battery and use the stock wire to turn the relay on and off like Dave said. Service and price were good so I wouldn't look any further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts