Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
boost life
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
lately i have been having a wot lean issue

if i drive car nicely with on and off boosting a/f are perfect , however if i am driving on hwy for say more the 30 mins with heavy boosting and gas tank falls below say 1/4 tank pump starts to make a high pitched whine going up and down in decibels.. whenever i hear the pump sound like this my a/f tend to go on leaner side , once i fill car up with gas and let pump cool down a/f are perfect again

i just ran some -6an lines from tank to rail with 750cc inj, i am right around 500 ish on pump at about 20 to 21psi

do you guys thinks my 1 walbro is starting to take a dump on me and when it gets hot its dropping voltage , i know its not fuel filter for i also installed a aeromotive high flow fuel filter

how many of you guys have had problems with 1 walbro at the 500 rwhp level , i forgot to add that quite often i would run car with tank on empty and i understand that doing that can kill a walbro quickly , my pump is 18 months old with about 15k of miles on it

·
Registered
342 Posts
perhaps your pump is on the way out... I believe that stuttering is one of the first signs..

You did mention yourself that you frequently run near empty... which is no good..

Try replacing the pump... They are cheap enough...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
If it only happens when the gas runs below 1/4 then it could be the hanger isnt in properly, or if you have a custom hanger its not low enough.
When there is gas in it, maybe the pump noise is being muffled.
For the $100 just grab another one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts