Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
2j GT4294 stickersadd20hp
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:stupid: cause that's basically all I got left in my 401k, IRA, Roth, and Scottrade account.
That I do agree My 401k= crap stocks= crap :crying:

So unfortunaltly we are all on the same boat. Hopeing it doesn't sink.:faint:

·
Registered
572 Posts
+150 after losing thousands? No, not a rally.

·
Laughing at u not with u
149 Posts
That I do agree My 401k= crap stocks= crap :crying:

So unfortunaltly we are all on the same boat. Hopeing it doesn't sink.:faint:
:1poke: You do know you have a choice what you invest your 401k in......

Point is nobodys getting rich quick anytime soon. Going into the office everyday is a little nerve racking, actually it's been a ghost town for the past couple weeks. If you do have money in the market theres nothing you can do but hold on and make smart choices. I know more than 3-4 people personally that have lost 1/2 of their portfolio in the past year.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
around 2100 will be the bottom. kinda sucks, the last 30 years the stock market was inflated by baby boomers money was pulled out of pentions and put into 401k's IRA's ect , when they exit ( next7 years) they'll take it with them. ... 1\3rd ( 80 million people) of the US population is going to be retiring. Even if they delay retiring it will just drag this out. And remember this isn't even the baby boomers of other countrys... Japans is going to be big too, same with India, UK, EU.... the whole product of WW2 coming home and having tons of kids.

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
This happened only not as bad years ago, remeber? When all the dot coms dot bombed, because everyone thought that having a website literally made you a viable company.

I wanna start "Awesomebellyjewlery.com" but I'll need about 6 million to get it started. IPO anyone? :]

That got us into a huge mess, that we pulled ourselves out of.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
:stupid: cause that's basically all I got left in my 401k, IRA, Roth, and Scottrade account.
After losing 50% of my 401(k) value end of 2008, I wanna cash out my 401(k) and take the massive tax hit before it completely loses all value.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
This happened only not as bad years ago, remeber? When all the dot coms dot bombed, because everyone thought that having a website literally made you a viable company.

I wanna start "Awesomebellyjewlery.com" but I'll need about 6 million to get it started. IPO anyone? :]

That got us into a huge mess, that we pulled ourselves out of.
Back in the dot com bust, people were throwing their salary into stocks and racking up margin debt. However, you could only exceed maybe 3 times the value of your account.

Now comparing today’s credit crisis, people were borrowing well beyond their salary (i.e 10 times their annual income).

Sure, the day is coming when this all blows over. However, today’s crisis made the dot com look like a speed bump.

When disposable income becomes more in line with asset values, that’s when we can expect the economy to recover. Or the government can assume all debt and try to stimulate the economy, but it still leaves the problem of how we are going to pay off the national debt (only a matter time when debt becomes too big to be paid).

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Back in the dot com bust, people were throwing their salary into stocks and racking up margin debt. However, you could only exceed maybe 3 times the value of your account.

Now comparing today’s credit crisis, people were borrowing well beyond their salary (i.e 10 times their annual income).

Sure, the day is coming when this all blows over. However, today’s crisis made the dot com look like a speed bump.

When disposable income becomes more in line with asset values, that’s when we can expect the economy to recover. Or the government can assume all debt and try to stimulate the economy, but it still leaves the problem of how we are going to pay off the national debt (only a matter time when debt becomes too big to be paid).
Amen Brother

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
im still short since 13000, its the end of the fucking world.

I was too chicken to play short last year. I just liquidated to all cash back in July of 08. Now, I’m just playing the waiting game on who survives and waiting till at least 3rd quarter of 2009 before I think of buying.

·
Dont question the good Dr
473 Posts
burn baby burn.

I knew this crash was coming, and I could smell it coming years ago. 90% of my money is locked into long term CD's. The other 10% is what I have in a liquid portfolio. In a couple of months 2 of my CD's are going to mature, and I'm going to buy buy buy. Now all we have to do is play the waiting game. Question is, who is going to have any money left when its time to play ball, and who is going to have the balls to step up to the plate and face the 100 mph fastballs?

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,973 Posts
me lol

gold and oil off the bottom will be ftw

oil because of cutbacks in production and depletion from use.

and gold due to the complete destruction of the value of the dollar
(also benifits the oil play)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts