Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, well i think we should get a meet going. Here in Wisconsin. This Saturday looks like it is gonna be a good day. 50 degrees. I was thinking maybe in Fon Du Lac? My uncle said he knows some people that were thinking about having it so he said he might take a ride there and check it out. My freinds brother and some of his freinds go to them once in a while. He drives a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9, also a Dodge SRT-4, and 2 Eclipse GSX's (1st and 2nd generation). They mightthinking about heading there this saturday. So if you guys wanna race or just meet up with them head down. If you guys wanna do this we can come up with somewhere to meet. Jus thought i would let you guys know....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well none of my family members except for 2 has good cars. And my cousin (listed above), who has a Dodge SRT-4 and my uncle who has a MKII Toyota Supra Twin Turbo. I dont know just thought since it was gonna be nice out some people may have wanted to meet up.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Yeah, it was just funny how you started it by going "My friend's brother............."

when some ricer kid is trying to tell me a fact or something its always "My friend's brother has a sweet supra that would kill your car!"

·
Registered
628 Posts
1982Supra said:
Alright, well i think we should get a meet going. Here in Wisconsin. This Saturday looks like it is gonna be a good day. 50 degrees. I was thinking maybe in Fon Du Lac? My uncle said he knows some people that were thinking about having it so he said he might take a ride there and check it out. My freinds brother and some of his freinds go to them once in a while. He drives a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9, also a Dodge SRT-4, and 2 Eclipse GSX's (1st and 2nd generation). They mightthinking about heading there this saturday. So if you guys wanna race or just meet up with them head down. If you guys wanna do this we can come up with somewhere to meet. Jus thought i would let you guys know....
are you from fondy?
im really close to there, maybe we could meet up sometime, i work saturday tho. my car isnt going anywhere for a couple weeks and its not that warm out yet.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone wanna go. The guy with the Evo said he is prolly going. Which means the Srt-4 and the Eclipse GSX's will prolly go with him and a bunch of the "StreetVisions" people with them. If you guys wanna come down and have a few races that would be pretty sweet. Could hold the meet not this weekend but next weekend (The 14 or 15th)

Josh M: I dont know if his car could take yours. I always wanted to see those to cars go at it. It would be a close race.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
my acura TL is stock...........why does he want to race that? :scratch:

Also, I wouldn't be advertising races especially since its not at a legal track............... :wtcslap:

·
Registered
628 Posts
so are you from fondy???

on a side note-
a guy i work with has a 90 eclipse gsx turbo and he needs money really bad.
it dies now and then and he parked it 3 years ago because he didnt know what was wrong with it. he doesnt know anything about the car except that its fast, lol.
I looked at it the other day and im 99% sure its just a vac leak somewhere. the hoses and stuff is probably original too.
it is black with an awesome two tone interior, looks like recaros, but soft and plush like. it has 105k miles, 5spd with newer rebuilt tranny 10k miles ago.
very very little rust starting to bubble up under the paint on the front of the back fenders. you cant see it unless you're face is about a foot from it.
any idea on how much that car would be worth? i was thinking of buying it.
thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
628 Posts
you're kidding right? its newer than my 88mk3, faster than my mk3, in better shape than my mk3 and only 10k miles more than my mk3 and i paid $4700 for my mk3. i dont want to rip the guy off, but if i tell him thats all its worth I guarantee he wont sell it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
audioman81 said:
you're kidding right? its newer than my 88mk3, faster than my mk3, in better shape than my mk3 and only 10k miles more than my mk3 and i paid $4700 for my mk3. i dont want to rip the guy off, but if i tell him thats all its worth I guarantee he wont sell it.
dude it's a dsm.....you might as well get a bucket with a hole in the bottom, fill it with oil and watch what happens.

it's a LOT cheaper than a dsm and takes up way less space :)

:sadance:

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
audioman81 said:

MKIII was a more expensive car to start out with than than a DSM, and doesn't have nearly the problems. His car honestly isn't worth all that much, especially since you havent really listed the mods, I thought it was stock, not that mods add much value. If you want a low low 12 second DSM, just cruise around dsmtalk or the honda boards and someone will be bound to sell one for around the 4500 mark. If you want to overpay for it, then thats all on you.

·
Registered
628 Posts
thanks for the info guys. I looked on ebay and they are going cheap. kbb private party value of the car is around $1500 and you have a good point about the car being way lower priced when new.
thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
iceicejarek said:
dude it's a dsm.....you might as well get a bucket with a hole in the bottom, fill it with oil and watch what happens.

it's a LOT cheaper than a dsm and takes up way less space :)

:sadance:
:rofl: omg that was great........:lol:

One bucket please. :bigthumb:

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
1982Supra said:
Well none of my family members except for 2 has good cars. And my cousin (listed above), who has a Dodge SRT-4 and my uncle who has a MKII Toyota Supra Twin Turbo. I dont know just thought since it was gonna be nice out some people may have wanted to meet up.
Wow what motor is in that car? I didn't realize any twin turbos were stateside until the MKIV.

LOL! This whole thing sounds like Chicago, circa 1996 :)

lateRZ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts