Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there isn't much out there about this turbo kit that SP offers... i decided to take large amounts of pictures of my new set up

thanks to all the guys at Sound Performance, especially Tim and Larry

(btw, Tim needs a raise since hes so amazing at customer service... for those of you that dont know, he took the time out of his night to stay after the shop closed and work out all the quirks of the turbo kit as well as personally called me to see how i liked it and made sure i was 100% satisfied)

ill post dyno graphs and a full write up on the turbo kit after my car is tuned

btw... Larry do you have any time later this week to tune my car?

S

·
0 Posts
Give us a call Jon I am sure we can get you in for a tune no problem..

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
thanks for the Props Jon!!! its part of my Job to make sure that the customer is truely satisfied with his purchase. I am stoked that you are happy with your new SP kit. I will be there on opening day to see the results of our hard work.

No Need for a raise.... I love my job!!!!

Again... Thank you for the coments... and as always, If there is anything we can do for you.... just give me a call.

[email protected]

·
Neverfollow
379 Posts
Hey Tim what brand timing belt and water pump do you recommend. I need to get the front main seal done, I think that I should do this as well. Also I want to put in some cam gears what do you recommend for that. Can you tell me the brand and model of these items and prices with labor. I currently have 77,000 miles if that helps any. Thanks for your help.

Timing Belt
Water pump
Front Main Seal
Cam Gears

By the way did my AEM computer come in yet or is it still on backorder.
Thanks

·
FAITH
605 Posts
Madanik said:
Hey Tim what brand timing belt and water pump do you recommend. I need to get the front main seal done, I think that I should do this as well. Also I want to put in some cam gears what do you recommend for that. Can you tell me the brand and model of these items and prices with labor. I currently have 77,000 miles if that helps any. Thanks for your help.

Timing Belt
Water pump
Front Main Seal
Cam Gears

Thanks
Hi Khader, never knew I'd see another Khader except my grandpa. It's not a very common name.

Sorry for thread hijack!

-Khader

·
Neverfollow
379 Posts
Khader K. said:
Hi Khader, never knew I'd see another Khader except my grandpa. It's not a very common name.

Sorry for thread hijack!

-Khader
Salaam
I got my name from my gramdpa.

·
Registered
267 Posts
very good looking turbo, ive got an spssgt800 in my mk3, i got mine with the .81ar exhaust housing and i did not get mine polished or with the ceramic turbine housing option. what a/r did u get and how much power do u think u should be putting down? The guys at SP took really good care of me even though i was probably getting on there nerves calling all the time. larry even made me a custom downpipe with demensions i gave him over the phone. Sp is by far the best. i wish that i was closer to them as i would have larry tune my aem but unfortunately i am in ny. good luck with the car looks good.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am also on a .81, but i am not sure how much power i will be making... i hope to push the turbo to its full 800 crank hp potential in the near future but since i am on a high stall and built auto trans my losses will be great

i do expect low 10 sec times though!

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
I recomend the stock Toyota Timing Belt and the Toyota Water pump. as far as cam gears go... The new HKS ones are very nice. The old ones had some issues with improper wear, but have been fixed with the new models.
I will have Mike Post or PM you prices in the morning. IIRC your AEM is in stock.

I will have to talk to our Shop Manager to get a quote for labor on all of that. I will also have mike include that in his quote.

Thanks,
[email protected]

Madanik said:

Timing Belt
Water pump
Front Main Seal
Cam Gears

Thanks

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tim.. i have a feeling i need cam gears too... just something about that messed up belt and huge groove in the middle of my HKS gears makes me weary

and this is a bit late to be on the forums dont u think?

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
I just got home from a long ass day.... I am going to catch a few hours sleep and get to SP early!!!

Yes I agree... you should do a timing belt and cam gear change very soon.

B

·
0 Posts
Turbo looks great, but get rid of those menthols!!! They cant even give them away in NYC!

·
Neverfollow
379 Posts
I recomend the stock Toyota Timing Belt and the Toyota Water pump. as far as cam gears go... The new HKS ones are very nice. The old ones had some issues with improper wear, but have been fixed with the new models.
I will have Mike Post or PM you prices in the morning. IIRC your AEM is in stock.

I will have to talk to our Shop Manager to get a quote for labor on all of that. I will also have mike include that in his quote.

Thanks,
[email protected]
Hey Tim, I know your really bussy but I never got that quote can you get it to me when you get a chance, thanks.

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Mike and I will go over your quote in the morning... I havent forgot about you!!!

I went for a ride with Jon tonight with the kit installed at base boost..... I was very impressed!!!! This is by far the ultimate street/strip set up!!!! I cant wait till he turns up the boost!

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Mike and I will go over your quote in the morning... I havent forgot about you!!!

I went for a ride with Jon tonight with the kit installed at base boost..... I was very impressed!!!! This is by far the ultimate street/strip set up!!!! I cant wait till he turns up the boost!
hah still awake man? my dog just puked on my ass so i decided to take a look over supra forums

Yup, im impressed as hell with this turbo set up... i had a little more time after the drive home to play with the 2-step/antilag and i was able to build 6psi in about 5 seconds on the stall.... after some more playing and configuring im sure that ill be able to build 12-15psi on the line... looks like ill be cutting 1.4-1.5 60's again!

·
Scouse Member
34 Posts
Nice looking turbo dude :) Any more spec on what the car is running? You still on stock internals or has the motor been built? Can't wait until my 850WGT arrives!.....
Tim, i'm the customer for Envy Performance in England, still waiting on that down pipe! Please hurry your heat coater up as we need the kit and fuel ASAP! Getting towards over a month since Larry said it would be shipped!

·
Scouse Member
34 Posts
Thanks for the reply Tim, what's the quickest delivery method you have? As Kevin was saying a mapping session was booked for the 19th a while ago due to the waiting times over here - this was booked taking a few weeks delay into account but not it's over a month. How soon do you think it could hit the UK?

I understand your doing your best and i'm not being sh!tty with you (yet :p ) but, again as Kevin was saying, it's causing major problems on our side of the ocean. Please keep us informed and trry and get the stuff out ASAP dude. Thanks.

And i know i'll be impressed, that's why i went with SP ;)

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
We have had Very good luck wit UPS for our overseas customers. We normaly get things there is 5 days.

I am doing everything in my power to make this happen ASAP for you. I am going to have to ship in 2 boxes anyway.... so do you want me to send out what i have now? will that help at all? Lets take this to PM's so we dont mess with Jons great thread.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts