Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i was looking over some of my AEM Logs today and im going to divulge my turbos spool characteristics... are you ready?

1psi @ 3100 rpms
8psi @ 3900 rpms
[email protected] 4050 rpms

i have a 1 bar spring so thats as much as i can tell you guys for the time being....

ill post up a log file when i find a decent one.... these are all city driving for me to make sure my a/fs are in a safe range... when i get a full throttle from dead stop log ill post her up

also... when compared to my car when it was BPU (true twin), this turbo is actually outspooling stockers by 200rpm but capable of making 800bhp

im very satisfied!

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
coronabeer4eva said:
Impressive, is that what you were kinda hoping for?
its a good number for that low of boost... i also found out 2 days ago that my trans was slipping during that dyno (trans went a couple days after being dynoed)

i expect mid 400's on pump gas and low 600s on race fuel after i get the fuel system

it should be enough to get into 9.90s

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
swearitsstock said:
its a good number for that low of boost... i also found out 2 days ago that my trans was slipping during that dyno (trans went a couple days after being dynoed)

i expect mid 400's on pump gas and low 600s on race fuel after i get the fuel system

it should be enough to get into 9.90s

Actually it appears that it was your converter that failed.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What kind of rwhp can be expected from this turbo on a 6-speed?

·
Registered
353 Posts
^ same question as above, also how is spool compared to the sp63

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
SPssgt800w is availible in a .81 and a .96 A/R.... swearitsstock has the .81

boost should come on a bit sooner with this turbo over the 63 but you will sacrifice just a bit of top end with the 800w. But after taking a ride in Jons car..... who cares about 25 HP on the top end.... when it comes on, it hits hard!!

The best part is the price.... $1150 coated and Polished!!!! you cant beat it!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Any other dynos on this turbo, i would like to see what it will do

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
SPssgt800w is availible in a .81 and a .96 A/R.... swearitsstock has the .81

boost should come on a bit sooner with this turbo over the 63 but you will sacrifice just a bit of top end with the 800w. But after taking a ride in Jons car..... who cares about 25 HP on the top end.... when it comes on, it hits hard!!

The best part is the price.... $1150 coated and Polished!!!! you cant beat it!
I thought the 800 was supposed to make more power than the 63?

Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,638 Posts
What kind of converter were you running?

Steve K.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
HotSoup said:
I thought the 800 was supposed to make more power than the 63?

Jason
well on precisions website the 63 is rated to 745, the 67 is rated to 780, and on garrets website, the spssgt800 is rated to 800...

now depending on exhaust housings, wheels and so forth, these numbers can all be changed around slightly but all 3 turbos are in the same range

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
swearitsstock said:
well on precisions website the 63 is rated to 745, the 67 is rated to 780, and on garrets website, the spssgt800 is rated to 800...

now depending on exhaust housings, wheels and so forth, these numbers can all be changed around slightly but all 3 turbos are in the same range
thanks man, it seems as this may be the new "magic" turbo. It is small enough to give alot of boost off the line...which should net 1.4X 60fts AND the RWHP to trap 135+....I think this turbo is capable of running in the 9.8 range easily.

Jason

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
HotSoup said:
thanks man, it seems as this may be the new "magic" turbo. It is small enough to give alot of boost off the line...which should net 1.4X 60fts AND the RWHP to trap 135+....I think this turbo is capable of running in the 9.8 range easily.

Jason
well the current setup im going with is a really low stall speed with a small shot of nitrous (on the footbrake... because i wanted a forward pattern th400 to retain engine braking)... all on antilag with a 2 step setup... this similar setup let me build 14-16psi on the line with the stock twins and cut 1.5 60's on drag radials

now with this small turbo, tight stall, little bit of nitrous, a th400, on slicks... i expect 1.4 60's to come easily, and nice trap speeds since i wont be losing out alot on the tight stall

im also going to be running the MT radial slicks (29.5x9x15r's) which will let me launch as hard as i want, and since they are radials will still get a great trap

ive crunched alot of numbers.. and put alot of thought into what im doing... and i honestly think that by october i should get this turbo to go high 9s in a full weight, daily driven supra

·
Boost Junkie
12,638 Posts
Wow,

That looks like a great set up. I'd like to try something similar sometime perhaps as well. Will those 29.5 inch tires fit without rubbing? That seems like a lot of tire, which may make it more difficult to 60ft since you are adding gear.

Keep us up to date with your set up.

Steve K.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Evill Supra said:
Wow,

That looks like a great set up. I'd like to try something similar sometime perhaps as well. Will those 29.5 inch tires fit without rubbing? That seems like a lot of tire, which may make it more difficult to 60ft since you are adding gear.

Keep us up to date with your set up.

Steve K.
the 29.5s fit on my car due to quarterpanel modifications i did... when i had the bodykit molded, i had them enlarge the opening (basically the wheel well has a larger circumference) and extend the fenders 1 inch...

on my car, up to 30's fit like a charm... but on a stock body, its difficult to put on a 28" tall tire because when u jack it up the brake vent portion hits the tire (i had 2 inches cut out of that area)

if it comes down to it, ill use a smaller rear end gear to compensate for the tire... i have all the time in the world to figure this shit out...

thanks for the compliments and i expect the car to be running within a month... still waiting on my torque converter (the one i plan on using) and im a bit strapped on cash as far as the fuel system is concerned

21 - 40 of 41 Posts