Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got pics of a 7MGTE intake routed down the intake side of the engine so that it hooks up on the right side of a FMIC? I've seen a pic before but I don't remember where. I know you gotta relocate the coil pack, and I plan to do that and do this mod. But I need a few pics!

·
TURBO
347 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
eh. when i was running stock intake manifold with my 3 row, i had the piping coming off the TURBO going straight to the drivers side intercooler inlet (used a 90 and a 180 bend from where that lower ic pipe normally goes) it really isnt a huge flow issue like that. the upper IC pipes were routed almost exactly the same stock was. thats the way i recommend doing it.

·
the clever guy
782 Posts
I wouldn't want the pipe getting warmed up by the radiator. That does look pretty sick though.

This is my current set up but hardpipes will follow the same basic route. I'm going to cut the bottleneck off of the 3K pipe and run a 45 degree off the end of it. SupraspeedMKIII has a really good configuration using this type of routing. I don't have the PS res. to work around though.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
id rather the IC pipe get heated by the rad than the exhaust mani or the hot side of the turbo...

if you relocate the battery to the rear, it give you plenty of room to run the IC pipes around the rad, your not any close than the stock piping on the other side of the car....

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Falkien said:
Wait so let me get this straight, you can bolt up a 2JZGTE Intake manifold to a 7MGTE? (Yes I am newbie cheese.)
if only it were that easy.........do a search and you will find there is MUCH more to it then that.......lol

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
nice! i might have to steal your idea of mounting the coilpacks there. why did you do the turndown? so you can run the IC pipes down beside the engine?

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds a bit over my head Acroth......

The downward angle is so that the 80mm throttle body can fit in the car without going through the radiator.

B

·
0 Posts
ecko344 said:
I like the way that looks.
One of the best i have seen but keep looking you might find somehting else you like you never know what you will find out there

3,796 Posts
bdekoning said:
eh. when i was running stock intake manifold with my 3 row, i had the piping coming off the TURBO going straight to the drivers side intercooler inlet (used a 90 and a 180 bend from where that lower ic pipe normally goes) it really isnt a huge flow issue like that. the upper IC pipes were routed almost exactly the same stock was. thats the way i recommend doing it.
What your setup like now? Feel free to pm w/ info on where you got a custom man. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts