Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want some basic information on the T04R.

1) when does this turbo make full boost
2) How much horsepower (rwhp) can it generally produce on pump gas
3) Would it be horrible on an Automatic if I had a 3800 to 4000 Staul?

Someone said it was comparable to a T78... and I know of a few guys running T78's on autos.. said its basically like TTC lag wise... If I had a High staul TC would this turbo be bearable on a daily driven car?... I know this is more of an indidual preference.. but just an idea would be helpful..

Also what A/R does it have... I heard its .96, that seems a bit large on an Automatic, but im really not sure since I have no knowledge of this turbo... I know its a fairly large turbo, but its more medium sized than huge, correct?

Is there anyone who actually runs one of these on an Automatic?

Thanks a lot.

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
The T04R is smaller than a T-78 so it spools a bit quicker. I have the .96 AR Housing and at 21 lbs. it pulls nice up top. The lag is there from the hole but not much of a problem. If you're thinking awesome quarter mile times you'd definitely need a stall. You can find all the specs on the kit at: http://www.T04R.com

·
0 Posts
pooshda : id say you check www.TO4R.com youll get all the info you want and if more needed e mail Neil's he'll help you out with all the info you want

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the information :D

If it spools a little quicker than a T78 I think I could tolerate it on my Auto... and I would have a staul for sure... but ill read up, ive been to T04R and just totally didnt think of it... but I never checked specs just the cars :)

One last comparison that I couldnt get from reading that site im sure... can anyone compare it to an SP63 as far as lag, responsiveness, power... and basically which one makes full boost first.. I dont remember all the specs on the SP63 but I know it was my 1st choice for the single I wanted... so a comparison of those two would be the best.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea im on T04r.com reading about Noel Samuel's car making 730RWHP with the T04r, im liking this stuff quite a bit :D most of them seem to be around 650rwhp or so.. but tuning and cams help a ton.. those guys seem to be around 680+

Sounds like a good turbo.. I wish I could ride in a supra with one.. its hard choosing turbos when you have never even experienced them :(

·
Super Duper Moderator
616 Posts
pooshda said:
Yea im on T04r.com reading about Noel Samuel's car making 730RWHP with the T04r, im liking this stuff quite a bit :D most of them seem to be around 650rwhp or so.. but tuning and cams help a ton.. those guys seem to be around 680+

Sounds like a good turbo.. I wish I could ride in a supra with one.. its hard choosing turbos when you have never even experienced them :(
sp63 largest "around town" turbo on an auto.

·
0 Posts
Hmmm someone owns me a ride but i guess after installing the SP63 he changed his mind and dont want to show me how powerful his beast :smoker:

its ok if you dont want to give me a ride ill be fine with just taking a pic of me next to your beast LOOOL:D :D :D :

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Actually,

What i have seen or hear is that the TO4R is Laggy !!!!!! a lot more than the T 78, once again for the Greddy T 78 kit price compared to the TO4R's....there's no question about that....T 78 is a good turbo and the lag is underrated...;)

J

·
0 Posts
Jesus said:
Actually,

What i have seen or hear is that the TO4R is Laggy !!!!!! a lot more than the T 78, once again for the Greddy T 78 kit price compared to the TO4R's....there's no question about that....T 78 is a good turbo and the lag is underrated...;)
Wha? The T04R is anything BUT laggy. It's a pleasure to drive. Plenty of mid-range, and good top end. It's a great turbo.

S

·
0 Posts
Don,t waste your time choosing a single turbo, get the NEW SP63 with .81 A/R is the best single turbo for automatic supras with a 3800 stall TC. the T04R is too lagy and you have full boost at 4700-4800rpm. with the SP63 YOU HAVE full boost at 4200rpm and is good for 680rwhp what is enogh for 9sec 1/4mile with an auto trans.. I have mine and i run 10.80 at 128mph the 1/4mile with slicks.

·
1,947 Posts
I will assure you that the T04R is not laggy. Plus with the T04R comes the nice HKS wastegate and header. Hell, if you're willing to sacrifice quality in favor of saving money then get a Greddy or RPS kit.

·
3,148 Posts
The SP63 comes with an HKS wastegate and BOV. As far as the header is concerned, look at them and find a major difference.

Later, Steve

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Hrmm whatever you say, everyone has their OWN opinions, for the price...i think I stick with the T 78. The TO4R is about $1,000 more ...;) ;)
jmpsupra said:
Wha? The T04R is anything BUT laggy. It's a pleasure to drive. Plenty of mid-range, and good top end. It's a great turbo.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
The quality of Greddy is pretty much good as HKS....
HKS T04R said:
I will assure you that the T04R is not laggy. Plus with the T04R comes the nice HKS wastegate and header. Hell, if you're willing to sacrifice quality in favor of saving money then get a Greddy or RPS kit.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
well i have driven in a to4r supra and as for lag i did not really feel much of it!but the car was smooth and quick as heck !

i recomend the to4r turbo set up if you want quality all around!
the t78 is nice but i feel it comes with cheaper parts but its the best bang for the buck setup !

t78
t04r
sp63
you cant go rong !

·
1,947 Posts
I wasn't talking trash Jesus. I was talking truth. The HKS wastegate and header are of better quality than the RPS and Greddy kits. Sorry if you were offended.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks once again for all the information... the main reason I am showing interest in the T04R is because there is one for sale in the parts for sale forum :D

I have wanted an SP63 ever since I have wanted a Single... and Im just trying to find ways to save a little cash.. since its used its $4500... but it will sell before I have it all anyway im sure..

I think the New SP63 should still be my turbo... since its always the one I compare everything to and the one I seem to want most.... Im gonna have to get a 57 before though, so I can save for tranny/fuel.

Thanks again!

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
I NEVER said that you were talking trash ! :rolleyes: the only thing i said was that everyone has their own opinions, thats all...and in quality I have a few cars that i have bought enough parts like HKS and Greddy and for me they look pretty much the same, its awesome the quality, but its not a difference from day and night really, and for $1,000 more ? I mean ....anyways I was not offended....:) :)
HKS T04R said:
I wasn't talking trash Jesus. I was talking truth. The HKS wastegate and header are of better quality than the RPS and Greddy kits. Sorry if you were offended.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts