Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Supraforums has now implemented a '30/30' rule for viewing/posting in any For Sale/Want To Sell (WTS) or Wanted to Buy (WTB) section, as well as using Private Messages (PM's aka DM's for you new gen folks)

You need to have 30 meaningful posts AND your account must be at least 30 days old to use any of these forum features or make WTS/WTB posts.

This has affected a handful of professional ghosts that have participated here honestly and meaningfully for years, but without getting to that 30 post mark.
This also affects a lot of well-meaning new members looking for Supra parts that are only getting harder to source as time goes on.

If you are affected by this, we do apologize, but the internet these days is full of scammers and identity thieves that routinely use these sorts of 'hit and run' FS postings or sending Private Messages to folks with WTB posts up, pretending to have the part they're asking for, only to scam folks out of their money.

This method was chosen as the best possible course of action after a lot of discussion by all the forum staff. It is not our favorite but something had to be done.

If you have any questions about this policy, please post in this thread, or PM if you have that functionality. Thanks!

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT

Lack of access to the For Sale/Wanted to Buy section DOES NOT justify making For Sale or Wanted To Buy posts anywhere else in the forum! Staff WILL delete threads in the incorrect section and users will be warned ONCE

·
Lurker
100 Posts
This new rule is probably a good idea but it should be posted in the classified section too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, I have been a member on here since 2014 when I got my MKIV. I have made numerous purchases on this forum but only replied to a few thread mainly because I was new to this car. Now I Can't PM anyone here because of the new rule. Do replies count as posts? I would like to get back to being able to buy and sell parts here.

·
Administrator
10,256 Posts
Hi, I have been a member on here since 2014 when I got my MKIV. I have made numerous purchases on this forum but only replied to a few thread mainly because I was new to this car. Now I Can't PM anyone here because of the new rule. Do replies count as posts? I would like to get back to being able to buy and sell parts here.
You're all set.

·
Administrator
10,256 Posts
@96GreenTT, I'm totally down for that, but that's ultimately a call for @FasTTurbo.
Absolutely vouches are acceptable. Not trying to make this as hard as possible for people, just want to have a line for people who want to be here vs people who don't, such as spammers, scammers, shit posters, etc.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Absolutely vouches are acceptable. Not trying to make this as hard as possible for people, just want to have a line for people who want to be here vs people who don't, such as spammers, scammers, shit posters, etc.
totally understand it just sucks sometimes lol ill pm you with a vouch i appreciate it thanks guys, he bought a factory hardtop six speed we are in the process of restoring, so he will be around for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum. Just starting working on my 1984 Supra which I bought when I was 19 from my dad. It needs a lot of work so I'm hoping to get some advice etc from others....mostly on where to find parts. Not sure if asking questions in these posts will be permitted prior to 30 posts?

·
Super Moderator
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm new to this forum. Just starting working on my 1984 Supra which I bought when I was 19 from my dad. It needs a lot of work so I'm hoping to get some advice etc from others....mostly on where to find parts. Not sure if asking questions in these posts will be permitted prior to 30 posts?
Dude, no. Please ask questions. Please join the party. Please talk about your car and post pictures.

We just can't let anyone willy-nilly into the For Sale or Wanted to Buy sections anymore thanks to scamming dirtbags. Through entirely too much experience, we set the threshold at 30 posts and 30 days old to determine whether someone was a genuine Supra guy wanting to join the party here, or someone just trying to scam people out of stuff.
It sucks, but that's reality these days. :(
Glad you're keeping that MKII in the family! Let us know how we can help. Check out Celicasupra.com too since they're aimed specifically at MKII's like yours. 🍺

Reactions: debrucer1
1 - 20 of 68 Posts