Supra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
There is absolutely zero seller protection with Paypal. It's a sham. Pretending there is protection for the seller is pure fantasy.

I bought my MKIV from that same gentleman in West Jordan Utah, sight unseen. He is trustworthy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There is absolutely zero seller protection with Paypal. It's a sham. Pretending there is protection for the seller is pure fantasy.

I bought my MKIV from that same gentleman in West Jordan Utah, sight unseen. He is trustworthy.
I didn’t know there’s no protection for seller...

He said he never sold anything to you lol

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
David S.? Last I spoke to him he was in that region of Utah and still doing a lot of Supra business. I bought my Supra from him. The other old school Supra guy in that region IIRC is John M., also a good man but I haven't done any business with him.

Paypal pretends to have seller protections but they are very easy to circumvent. I sold a turbo to someone for almost $2000 USD, buyer filed a claim at the very last minute he could, months later. Claimed item was not as described and 'returned it'. Buyer put old books and a brick in the same box to make it weigh the same as the turbo, sent that back, claimed it was returned. All Paypal saw was the 'buyers' return shipping label and weight on the label. Paypal did not care that it was full of junk and not my turbo and took the money back out of my account.

6 months of fighting with Paypal and I lost the money and the turbo. Paypal is absolute trash for the seller, may as well send your item and pretend it was stolen.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
David S.? Last I spoke to him he was in that region of Utah and still doing a lot of Supra business. I bought my Supra from him. The other old school Supra guy in that region IIRC is John M., also a good man but I haven't done any business with him.

Paypal pretends to have seller protections but they are very easy to circumvent. I sold a turbo to someone for almost $2000 USD, buyer filed a claim at the very last minute he could, months later. Claimed item was not as described and 'returned it'. Buyer put old books and a brick in the same box to make it weigh the same as the turbo, sent that back, claimed it was returned. All Paypal saw was the 'buyers' return shipping label and weight on the label. Paypal did not care that it was full of junk and not my turbo and took the money back out of my account.

6 months of fighting with Paypal and I lost the money and the turbo. Paypal is absolute trash for the seller, may as well send your item and pretend it was stolen.
I didn’t know that about PayPal!

the seller is Chuck Kennedy

21 - 24 of 24 Posts