Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to go BPU or +,++ etc..., what mods are the most reliable and are least likely to create problems. The car has 24k miles/6spd and I would like the turbos to last for years to come. I'm not really into the drag thing 100%, YET, Just want to get the cars full potential with minimal macanhical ware or failure and just ready for more power...

What is a safe boost, what are some of the pros and cons of setting up both turbos to run together or the twin turbo conversion, cam gears, bleeder-t, TTC, VPC, pulled hoses, free mods, etc...Also has anyone purchased the BPU kit from the suprastore and what are you thoughts or is it better to peice it toghether.

Thanks,

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i would get a dp, exhaust, and BCC/FCD
i recommend using an ebc for in cabin control of boost and set it to 17psi.
this should be pretty safe, but at any time you increase boost levels and run the car hard problems can always arise.
one thing is you might have to change out the clutch. the stocker is quick to go at bpu.
:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you want some added performance parts but want your car to be SUPER reliable get and exhaust, intake, downpipe if you want it, and maybe a boost controller. If you want it to be realyl reliable then I wouldnt turn the boost up, just run like 15-16 psi, which is what the car should run with the intake, exhaust and downpipe. If you want more power, I have intake, exhaust, downpipe, boost controller, front mount intercooler, cam gears, and a S-AFC fuel controller and my car dynoed 400 RWHP and 430RWTQ. I think my car is pretty reliable with those mods, I am running about 1.25 bar and the car is fast as hell. Supras are very reliable to begin with, so I would not worry at all about anything happening with the BPU parts I listed above, and you will get alot of horsepower out of them. I personally would not mess with any hose pulling or TTC mods, I dont know how reliable those are. Just stick with some basic bolt on parts and you will be very happy.

Will C.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't have many miles on my car either and just went BPU,few days ago and love it.Have u heard that phrase"U gotta pay to play" meaning when u start playing with your car,problems can (can) arise,not always though.I have
1)- RMM-DP
2)-HKS Super Dragger
3)-Max-Air intake
4)-MBC ( manual boost Controller). I Have heard that EBC can cause boost spikes hence problems :(
5)-Apexi-Old style AFC ( to moniter your A/F ratio)
6)-TTC ( true twin conversion). My understanding is, if u r in a sequential mode,going from 8-10 psi in first & second gear,to 17-18 psi in third gear deosn't sound very good for the turbo's :(
7)-Boost Guage,to moniter the boost.
Don't pay too much attention to people,that tell u that the moment,they went BPU ,their clutches went south as u never know how people drive their cars. Pulling hosses means,u r running in a neighbor hood of 20-21 psi :( Havingsaid all this,i still think that sooner or later BPU cars would need an after-market clutches. U just gotta keep an eye on the boost u r running. I have friends that have put more than 30-50,000 miles on a stock clutch with BPU. Hope this helps.
Regards. Yasir

1 - 4 of 4 Posts