Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im in the progress of building a 1jz or a 1.5jz , im not sure which one to run with.But im opening this thread on this turbo that i want to buy.http://www.turbochargers.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/21_37_218/products_id/1667. Would this be the best one to get?

Can a 1jz stock bottom end handle this turbo or would it be best to do a 1.5jz.

Reason why i chose this turbo is because im getting a really good deal on it so im sticking with it.

Injectors size 550 and up if needed.
Aem system if needed.

·
supra7
547 Posts
The stock 1j bottom will hold 500-700 just fine. Would use 720-880cc injectors and AEM. Sure more will chime in with different thoughts....

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
in all accuallity no one knows for sure what the hp limit is on the 1jz block. i know it can handle 800. but im guessung its just like a 2jzgte bottom end and can handle all the way to 900 hp. you should get 1000cc injectors and a aem unit and all the proper supporting mods. that way you wont hold yourself back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so you all are saying stay with the 1j bottom end and just add 720-1000cc injectors and a Aem system.

what about the turbo?

·
supra7
547 Posts
Yep pretty much......

·
Registered
51 Posts
t70 , 550 cc inj. , 262 cams, 255 wlabro fp , 2j bottom end ,93 octane shoud put u where u want

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aight guys i've done my research and this is what i feel good about.Hopfully this would bring me to where i want to be.

aight check this out.

1.turbonetics t series
2.720cc or higher
3.264 cams
4.walbro
5.arp studs
6.1jz/2jz mk3 AFPR kit for -8 rail
7.AEM UEGO Gauge-Type Wideband
8.safc2

·
Registered
642 Posts
I believe the SAFC2 won't do it for you.

I think it can only control 50% bigger injectors than stock, but I could be wrong.

Try Emanage Ultimate instead since it can control any size injector, has the boost and speed cut built in.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
For that power level you want a fully tunable standalone ems. Not a piggyback that confused and/or fights the stock computer/tune. The one time you're shooting high and the stock computer fights back with the stock tune, well.... that just sucks for you and your wallet...

Do it once, do it right.

·
Registered
278 Posts
u dont need 720's for 500whp but if your shooting for 700whp then u need 800's or higher. safc2 i believe can control up to 680's which is very capable of supporting 500whp! my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
safc can control 720cc injectors. its been done. I dont know how big it can control but 720cc will work.

·
Registered
581 Posts
For that power level you want a fully tunable standalone ems. Not a piggyback that confused and/or fights the stock computer/tune. The one time you're shooting high and the stock computer fights back with the stock tune, well.... that just sucks for you and your wallet...

Do it once, do it right.
^^This^^

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

Do it once, do it right.
You have no idea what you are talking about. The ecu doesnt "fight back" OdbII ecu's can try to reset it self, and their are resitor boxes that can fix this, odb1 which I am 99% sure the OP has will be fine. I have seen 950rwhp locally with a safc. here is an old thread of what SAFC and vpc can do.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223513&highlight=safc+highest

1 - 20 of 21 Posts