Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 89 turbo automatic. the body is straight and the interior is in great shape. but it overheated because a radiator house blew a hole in it and it has a BHG now and who knows what else could have happened due to overheating.
Me and my buddy want to rebuild the motor and do a tranny swap from a auto to a manual. from the information given how much would it cost to do a rebuild and tranny swap if we did it ourselves?
my buddy says that it could be done with $1000 bucks. let me know what you all think!
Thanks in advance!

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
Wrong section bud, you could re build the engine for $1000 if you do it all yourself dunno about doing a tranny swap as well for that sort of $$$.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
If you find a Dead supra in a junkyard with a r154, you could walk out of there with all the parts needed for the tranny swap for only $400 dollars

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
1000 bux sounds right for a swap, you have to take into consideration that you have to buy some parts new because why put used? When you can just replace once and never look back. Clutch being the first thing, flywheel & then the throw out bearing. Clutch fork master & slave cyl and soft line those are just a few. I'm starting to gatehr some parts so far 70 bux in the hole. Pedals/Hardline/Master Cyl on its way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts