Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
want to test with possible buy of new or good working TPS for 2jzgte

Hi, Im currently working on my project with a 2jzgte swap and its misfiring like crazy when I give it gas and kinda has a weird 2500rpm rev limit...It is throwing code 41 which is the main TPS sensor. I am from San Jose and looking for anyone that has a TPS which I can pick up and borrow and possibly buy? Thanks I just need this thing running by the weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Have you even tried adjusting the TPS yet?
I suggest doing that before replacing one.

Here is an easy way to do it but you will need two people and a timing light.

Take 2 people, one works the timing light and one works the TPS.

What you do is jumper the pins to check your timing.( E1, T1)
Now if the TPS is out it wont show 10 before tdc
So have a bud sit with the timing light on the car idling and you tap the tps changing its position till the timing is correct. AND your done.
you can do this on your own but its easier to use 2 people

Above instructions are from Supraforums.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried that didn't work... even did it with the ohm meter test and numbers are waked. I can loosen the screws and move it all over, makes no difference

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the TPS is pretty easy to install just have to make sure the throttle pushes back on the flat spots in the sensor on acceleration then calibrate it. No one is willing to sell or use so probably go to PEPBYS today and buy one to test out since there the only ones that has it in stock around here and its $75 compared to $130 at the stealership that don't stock it either. If it works I will just keep it..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sup man yea I got a TPS from pep-boys and was a toyota/denso part. Seemed worse so it wasn't that, So i took it back and put the old one back and set it.. I was doing some searching and it might be bad or few bad coil packs since its missing and cant really accelerate past a 2500rpm rev limit.. My wiring guy from Stockton will be coming today to help me troubleshoot it so well see what happens.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
pull your coils out. At the post( the ones that go over the plugs) , check for cracks. You can use some heat shrink to cover the cracks and it will fix the arcing. You may have to look real close as the cracks are hard to see on the black part. G/l

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pulled them out a day or two ago and on all of them actually I do see small hairline cracks around the area where it protrudes out for the screws you mount them with..Does it matter where the cracks are on the coil?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts