Supra Forums banner

361 - 367 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
1J's rule! Great time and super 60' time....especially with 18" street tires!
Thanks! And yes, the more I read/research/hear/see, etc etc... the more I really don't get the lack of love for the 1J in North America. Prob because it's a foreign engine to the shores here and the 3.0L gets the glory. But I've seen the hairy "vs" debates, so I plan to generally steer clear of all the BS, and let the 1JZ do the talking. :)

Anyway, I'm very happy with that time, I was running consistant 13.4's and 13.5's all day. The officials were generous with the traction compound too, so that always helps! ;) I tried slicks at a different track later, but they were too tall (28's), and there was ZERO traction compound down, so I could only net some 13.4's.... TRD LSD and some more boost to come for next year, with some other goodies. I'm new to the Supra scene, not so much the "turbo import scene", though! :D

I'll start a thread soon with some pics and details of my 1J swap into the MKIV. Stay tuned! Not sure what section it should go in, though...lol...

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Thanks! And yes, the more I read/research/hear/see, etc etc... the more I really don't get the lack of love for the 1J in North America. Prob because it's a foreign engine to the shores here and the 3.0L gets the glory. But I've seen the hairy "vs" debates, so I plan to generally steer clear of all the BS, and let the 1JZ do the talking. :)

Anyway, I'm very happy with that time, I was running consistant 13.4's and 13.5's all day. The officials were generous with the traction compound too, so that always helps! ;) I tried slicks at a different track later, but they were too tall (28's), and there was ZERO traction compound down, so I could only net some 13.4's.... TRD LSD and some more boost to come for next year, with some other goodies. I'm new to the Supra scene, not so much the "turbo import scene", though! :D

I'll start a thread soon with some pics and details of my 1J swap into the MKIV. Stay tuned! Not sure what section it should go in, though...lol...
Before you spend all that money on an overly expensive TRD LSD take a look at the Detroit Truetrac HLSD ;) No clutches to wear out and super traction

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before you spend all that money on an overly expensive TRD LSD take a look at the Detroit Truetrac HLSD ;) No clutches to wear out and super traction
Was going to ask you for a link, but I found some info after a little more digging. Appears they don't fit my chassis, from what I've read. Thank you, though, I really appreciate the guidance! :) A brand new TRD LSD still seems like a "relative bargain" for it's capabilities and power-handling abilities as well. Perhaps I'm a little crazy. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
old thread, i know, but thought i should add to the info.
JZZ30 Soarer , E85, ID1000cc injectors, stock turbos, massive inlet and outlet pipes, 3.5" exhaust, power fc ,modified A340 trans, 3500rpm convertor.
[email protected] 1.79sec sixty foot.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Always good to refresh and view updates. Nice work on the pass! Any pictures of the in/outlets? Kurts?

old thread, i know, but thought i should add to the info.
JZZ30 Soarer , E85, ID1000cc injectors, stock turbos, massive inlet and outlet pipes, 3.5" exhaust, power fc ,modified A340 trans, 3500rpm convertor.
[email protected] 1.79sec sixty foot.

361 - 367 of 367 Posts