Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
stop pulling me over pigs
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Nissan Maxima with under 75k miles, a moonroof, and it has to be an SE - because I like white gauges - I'm in CT

If anybody knows of anyone else that is looking to sell theirs, let me know - I'm looking for a replacement to the supra. I am sick of commuting 25 mins to work with RWD in the winters. Maybe the mk3 will be my weekend car, if I can swing keeping both.

I've been scouring the internet, but only finding cars with high mileage, or way overpriced.

Thanks in advance...
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
ill ask my friends whom own some car shops what they have around at a fair price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
wat about a late 90's maxima se? no i dont have one for sale, just a friendly suggestion since they're much cheaper and much better w/ gas mileage. i personally love that gen.
 

·
stop pulling me over pigs
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kind of like the body style of the 00+ more...is the mileage a lot better on the 90s models?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
mifesto said:
wat about a late 90's maxima se? no i dont have one for sale, just a friendly suggestion since they're much cheaper and much better w/ gas mileage. i personally love that gen.

I didn't know the gas mileage was better on the late 90's.... ?
 

·
I love sequentials!
Joined
·
2,578 Posts
I'd get gauge overlays for a 95-97 tercel, get 40mpg and tool around fine in the bad weather. I'd recommend wider then stock tires though.

Out of my tt supra, my turbo IS and my tercel, I think the tercel is my favorite car.




TheSUPE87 said:
I'm looking for a Nissan Maxima with under 75k miles, a moonroof, and it has to be an SE - because I like white gauges - I'm in CT

If anybody knows of anyone else that is looking to sell theirs, let me know - I'm looking for a replacement to the supra. I am sick of commuting 25 mins to work with RWD in the winters. Maybe the mk3 will be my weekend car, if I can swing keeping both.

I've been scouring the internet, but only finding cars with high mileage, or way overpriced.

Thanks in advance...
 

·
stop pulling me over pigs
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) wow, that's awesome. Good for you

I wish I could do the same, but as soon as I would see a tercel in my driveway, and then look over and see a Lexus and a TT, I would want to sell the Tercel for like 50 bucks to the neighbor kid. If I had another nice car like you, then I would get something simple like a Tercel to just Daily Drive, but I am planning on only owning one car - I can't affording insurance on multiple cars, you know?
 

·
I love sequentials!
Joined
·
2,578 Posts
Ok, well I thought I would at least mention it

I will say this, if you can get the Tercel to be your daily, in your insurance companies eyes, it might bring the insurance on the supra down enough to pay for itself ... it may at least be worth checking into!
 

·
stop pulling me over pigs
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very true, I should check it out. Then I'd have my winter car drama figured out. I don't know, I'm only 23 - I'm still not grown out of the "want" of having a cool looking daily driver. Maybe I need to kick it out of myself.

That's why I am thinking a maxima, maybe even a celica 2000+ they get 34mpg highway, that's even better than the nissan. At least they're a little sporty.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
TheSUPE87 said:
very true, I should check it out. Then I'd have my winter car drama figured out. I don't know, I'm only 23 - I'm still not grown out of the "want" of having a cool looking daily driver. Maybe I need to kick it out of myself.

That's why I am thinking a maxima, maybe even a celica 2000+ they get 34mpg highway, that's even better than the nissan. At least they're a little sporty.
If the funds are there for a nice daily driver, then why not? No point in driving around in a tercel if it's your only car. I think a 2000+ celica or Max would be a nice daily. GL on your decision. :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top