Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
You might have helped me avoid a similar problem. I have occasional rubbing on hard bumps after installing 18" TE37 wheels. I have coilovers. What is meant by the "two fingers" adjustment all the way around? Thanks man. -Tony

· Registered
251 Posts
Just put on a fresh set of HKS Hipermax on the missus' car, tried setting the height to match the previous (blown) JIC Magic's that were on it. Have a bit of rubbing with a 1.5 finger gap, gonna raise it up another 15mm or so, because Wyoming roads. Good to see what can happen so I can explain to her why having such a low car isn't always a great idea...

Side note @FZoZach how were you rubbing the FRONT of the inner fender? How tall of a tire are you running??? I always assumed it was rubbing the top of the liner...
I'm nuking it here, sorry in advance.. for the measurement, should I stick my fingers between the top of the tire and closest section of the fender well? Does it matter if I two-finger measure from the top of the tire to the wheel well arc (1200 position) versus the front-most section of the wheel well arc (0900 position), versus the rear (1500 position)?

I confirmed the tire is rubbing on the top of the wheel well, with visible marks on the fender liner. Glad I haven't replaced those yet, but need to now lol.

· Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for the follow up and the detailed explanation. I watched YouTube videos on how to adjust the coilover height.. seems easy enough. I don't have the collar tool as a shop installed the suspension. Assuming I can order one through the interwebs. Thanks again man.

· Registered
251 Posts
There's a lot of seemingly crappy options out there (Amazon) for coil-over collar adjustment tools. Anyone have a preferred tool that works with the Hypermax IV GT's, and know where I can get one? Thanks again. -Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts