Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is currently with my mechanic, and he stated that it cranks after three turns on cold start and runs like a charm, but after it has warmed up to operating temp, and then turned off, it will not start unless you allow the car to cool down again. The mech has been going round and round trying to figure out what the issue is. He's checked the fuel pressure, plugs, new temp gauge, and new fuel pumps were installed last year. What else causes this issue?

Car: GT35R, AEM, 720 injectors, 2 Denso pumps, stock motor.

·
From the land down under
4,568 Posts
Yes, definitely have the crank and cam position sensors inspected, and let your mechanic know that the toothed timing gear behind the crank pulley can come loose and give an incorrect signal. It can be welded back together if it has separated.

It could also potentially be the capacitors in the ECU, but typically, they just cause the car to run poorly, rather than not start completely. Mine does the same thing occasionally, and wont start when the engine is warm and has been turned off. I find tat removing the ignition key, waiting a few seconds and then putting the key back in and cranking it again always solves it but YMMV

GL and report back when you can

1 - 3 of 3 Posts