Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was posted in the tech section but never answered.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160757&highlight=warm

Here is one of the posts from the thread

Musoukyotou said:
well...my 87 (non-turbo) has been having problems...it's not cold start (my cold start is perfect), but warm starts :( it has problem keeping idle...i have to give some gas everytime then it'll get into self idle mode.....the thing that i don't understand is --- during trafic lights & normal stops, it doesn't stall, just warm start, it stalls if i don't give some gas....

i just charged all my S plugs, they r brand new. i also changed my AF as well...new oil + new OF...but 1 thing might be a factor is that --- when i pulled out my old plugs, i found some oil in most of them...is this the problem?

thx 4 ur help 1st...

peace
I have the same problem - "i got the same problem I should get it on video for example. mine only happens if the car has been sitting for 45mins to and hour and a half. If I start it up before that it is fine of it the car has been sitting longer than that it starts up fine too. Only code I get is the o2 sensor which I already replace, so I think it's time to rewire those 3 wires."

I don't have any codes.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i noticed the sloshing sound behind the dash but there isn't any other evidence of BHG. So I'll try to just burp the cooling system.

anyone think that the warm start problem mentioned is associated with air in the coolant system?

If anyone else with this warm start problem also hears the water sound behind the dash, post a reply.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since no one replied I'm gonna burp the cooling system. How long should I leave the cap off? I've tried it before and within a few minutes coolant starts pouring out of the raditor. Is this how it's supposed to be done? If so how long should I let it pour out for.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
hey ridah, check out the chat about heat soak. i have the same problem. once my car is warm, if i park it for more than 10- 45 minutes i will get a rough idle start. if i add throttle it goes away in about 10 secs.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
twinturbozs said:
hey ridah, check out the chat about heat soak. i have the same problem. once my car is warm, if i park it for more than 10- 45 minutes i will get a rough idle start. if i add throttle it goes away in about 10 secs.
yeah same problem.

do you have air in your cooling system?

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I think the AFM might be going bad.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I do have air in my system. maybe BHG coming on, since i can here the water when im parked downhill. and 120k on stock HG.

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
mine does that also, and i too have air in my cooling system. I've been thinking it's a bhg, but MK3TurboSupra, said that all our cars are like that. But i'm a little skeptical and i think something is wrong. I think i have a code 31... Knocksensor i beleive...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
BoostMan03 said:
mine does that also, and i too have air in my cooling system. I've been thinking it's a bhg, but MK3TurboSupra, said that all our cars are like that. But i'm a little skeptical and i think something is wrong. I think i have a code 31... Knocksensor i beleive...
KS = 52 man :) peace

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I assume that it's probably as something to do with air in the sytem. It's messing with the temp sensor when the pocket of air passes over the sensor.

anyone with knowldge about this issue confrim or deny this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts