Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
warning light problem (with new problem added!)

so here is the issue:
Warning light ( kinda looks like /!\ ) is partially (does not have full voltage going to it) lit

why this is a concern:
i have AEM EMS... i have not set the warning light to turn on under any occasion (other then overboost)

what do i mean by partially lit? :
for example, if the handbrake is pulled, the light is a bright red... in my situation, the light is much dimmer (less then half as bright) but yet still noticably on...

overall question:
under what conditions is it possible that the warning light turns on?

additional info:
the CEL is not on
the oil light is not on
car is 95 supra turbo (stock twins auto)
car is running AEM EMS with 3.5bar map
no visible problems in AEM

thank you for trying to help

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SUPRASTITIOUS said:
The best place to start trouble shooting this kind of problem is here there's pics and lots of good info about the partially illuminated MIL light problem.

hmm... seems that may be the problem... thank you very much

in the mean time of me trying this does anyone else have any other ideas? i need as much input as possible so i can try the easiest first, then start going down the list

thanks all

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i tried the MKIV.com method... twice... didnt turn it off

but there is a new addition to the problem, my alarm is no longer working (possibly has something to do with it)... and my dome lights are not working (but when i hit the dome light button, the warning light fully illuminates)

so now i have a partially lit warning light, that fully lights with the dome light, and i cant lock my car!

·
Registered
226 Posts
My problem was in the warning light cluster. I had someone look at it and they determined it would be better to just replace it instead of trying to re-solder it. If you have someone near you with a good warning light cluster see if they'll let you test it on your car. If you want to replace it, the cluster should cost around 40 bucks from Curt. Could be worth a try and it might clear up some of the issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts