Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some times when I give it the beans in 2nd, the triaglular warning light and the (!) comes on for just a split second. I havent noticed any other lights coming on. Only seems to be when the car is not properly warm (even though oil/water of cause is) but again, I've mainly driven short trips in the last few weeks...

Can it be something wrong with the parking brake? Loose sensor somewhere?

· Wheel Fitment Guru
4,892 Posts
Mine comes on as well but I have an AEM ecu and it uses that light to tell you different things. I can't remember what mine says but my tuner said not to worry about that light coming on at full throttle.

R.K.

· Registered
444 Posts
So if your oil and coolant are up to operating temp, how are you not properly warmed up? I usually use the engine oil as a "warmed up indicator", although you can have hot coolant it wouldn't tell you much because it heats up so fast, but when the the oil is at operating temp, everything is pretty much warmed up. Probably what SP said, or maybe low oil, or it could be a door sensor.

· Registered
258 Posts
I had that problem along with the inside lights flashing on under hard acceleration. For me the problem was the door latch. Apparently the car was twisting enough that the switch on the latch was moving out just far enough to turn on the interior light and show the door being open (along with the triangle light). I glued a spacer next to the switch so it had less play and my problem was solved.

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apparently the car was twisting enough that the switch on the latch was moving out just far enough to turn on the interior light and show the door being open (along with the triangle light).
Woooot? That sounds crazy

But thanks guys. I'll check the brake fluid and be aware of any other lights than the two already lighting up. I thought it would only be two lights. The warning triangle and another one; in my case the (!) handbrake light. But I'll keep my eyes open. It seems i can't force it and it's only sometimes...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.