Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys i taught i may warn some of you here ,since this take place in the North East area.I drop off my car to get some work done to it at a certain shop that do preformance work,change timimg belt,add a lighteen flyweel,and some seal etc...My car was running fine. But since the car was purchased noting really done to it so i decide to change some parts.Anyway to make a long story short,went back to pick up my car.They say i cant get the car because, the tension pully bolt broke.I was like WTF,it was a friday and i was leaving for GA could not get parts from Curt until monday.Car leave at shop,return the tuesday evening to pick up car after they say car is finish and running strong My suprise car run like crap no launch power and noised was comming from my clutch.I decide to park the car until next day,since it was late and the shop was closed.Next day i called this guy ,he say bring it back. I say ok take the car back , he say i need a crank pully,i was like you fucking kidding me.So out of fear of running the car and damaging it i park it until recieved a new crank pully.Bought new crank,and install it ...Car still run like crap,order a new clutch kit and had my friend change it ...Here is when i found out my problem,those Cock sucker switch my clutch and put in a used stock clutch in my car...Call the shop owner to ask him about my clutch he was not there ,try his cell number it disconnected....WORD OF ADVICE BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO ,TO GET WORK DONE TO IT.....

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
wow

and WHICH SHOP WAS THIS??? :1poke:

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
damn, that really sux! I do most of my own work but I'll keep this in mind when I HAVE to take it somewhere. Thanx

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ramrodsupra said:
Shop in Brooklyn NY.I dont want to name names,but there is always a green supra with HKS twins in this shop with a busted tran.
If this happened to me I'd be all about naming names.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No Shame said:
If this happened to me I'd be all about naming names.
Yea i know,but Mods may become sceptical about such.Becide i dont want them to lock this tread,need everyone to read and become aware of who you take your car to ,to get work done:) ...I learn a valuable lesson.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
michaelvanle said:
Please name the shop. Gotta keep on top of these things and expose people for who they are.
I know ther were a few supra in this shop a while back ,one from CT,NJ,most from new york..I know some of u here know this shop.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Whats the point of this thread if your complaining about a shop, but won't name it?? Your bashing a shop, and telling us to be careful where we bring our car, but how are we supposed to keep away from a shop if you don't tell us which one it is? :stickpoke:

·
Missing my supra
629 Posts
This is precisely why no one wrenches on my car but me. I will never take my car to a shop to have work done. NEVER!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
wow if that happens to me id call my lawyer and its on

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
ramrodsupra said:
Yea i know,but Mods may become sceptical about such.Becide i dont want them to lock this tread,need everyone to read and become aware of who you take your car to ,to get work done:) ...I learn a valuable lesson.
lock it no way!
post this in the shops parts area !
people need to know.

pm me ill give you my lawyers info so he can help you!

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
if you dont say the shop names you are leave the rest of us open to getting poor work done to our cars by this shop. we dont know who to avoid unless you say it..dont beat around the bush.

·
Registered
934 Posts
r u moron or wat? u come here warning us about the shop pretending ur looking out for fellow supra owners but u dont give us the name of the shop cuz ur afraid moderators gonna give u a spankin? lol

how did u pay the guy? hope it was credit card, i'd laugh at u if u paid cash. u ALWAYS pay with credit card in these cases so u can protect urself.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I agree if you don't give us the name then people may avoid a perfectly good shop thinking it's the one your talking about, or go to this one not knowing the name.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts